corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Colour Coding Door Handles

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Colour Coding Door Handles
ohms

User status: Offline
   16th Apr 05 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi iv done some searches through this site, and although i have got a rough idea about colour coding the door handles, its not explained in detail.

Would someone be able to tell me exactly how to get the handles off, then what exactly i should do to go about colour coding them?

Thanks in advance
white_sri

16th Apr 05 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to take them off you will need to remove your door cards and the plastic door thing at the bottom, then you will have to remove the window wiper etc, then unscrew the two bolts at the bottom of the door that hold thew runner for the glass, this will allow you to get better access to the handle (make sure the windows up aswell, then take the fastening to the door handle off (the gold pole thats fastened at the top left off the handle, it should just push out. unscrew the two bolts holding the handle on and then your done
white_sri

16th Apr 05 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to colour code them, sand them down untill there smooth, using different grit paper, i think i finished smoothing with 600 or something. then buy plastic primer, ther paint colour and laquar (halfords have a 3for2 on this at the minute). once the door handles smooth make sure its clean then apply a few coats of primer, then another few of paint. once the paints dry then a few coats of laquar and your done
ohms

16th Apr 05 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, thanks for the quick reply.. ill be having a go at this later on this afternoon and will post the finished results later ... thanks
large-sri

16th Apr 05 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please do post pics if poss coz im gonna do this aswell
Gaz Compassion

25th May 05 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same, im in the process of doing my bumpers and arches now, and ive also sprayed the inner door handles, just about to spray the colour on.

i also want to do the outer door handles, any tip appreciated!

Gaz
N90ATH

25th May 05 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=199576

that show u how to remove the handles

New Poll