corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » internet help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author internet help
Pop

User status: Offline
15th Apr 05 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help me....

i've just moved home today and my dad hasbought me a wireless internet card thingy for my laptop. i've installed it on my laptop and the transmiter is installed on the pc.

... our isp in the house is aol.

... all the signals are at full strength and conected but i can't get on the internet on my laptop. i installed the aol disc but it can't find a source and clicking on internet explorer doesn't work either.

... it could be me being thick as shit but what am i doing wrong?
help

Tim
Baz-Zico

15th Apr 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a wireless connection n all mate, sometimes mines dont work, all I do is unplug either the remote n plug it back it in again, or the modem itself.
Pop

15th Apr 05 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem i have is all the devices are working great but i don't know if i have to set up aol to get on the internet or what to use?!?!?
Baz-Zico

15th Apr 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this may sound like a stupid question but you do have ur aol or whatever net provider you use installed on your laptop dont you?
Pop

15th Apr 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i moved back home from glasgow today i installed all the software and hardware including aol onto my laptop.

... when i tried to run aol it wouldn't recognise my connection even though all my connections are fine
Antz

16th Apr 05 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AOL is wierd... you can only log on to one account on one PC, you can'r be on the same on 2 PCs...

I'm guessing that if you have AOL on both machines the PC will be OK but the laptop wont

Because you can only be on one machine at a time per account your desktop PC needs to know that when you want internet it has to give your wireless card access to the AOL network...

if you're PC is not acting as the router/modem then your laptop wont work...

am I talking shit or do you follow me?
Pop

16th Apr 05 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aaaaagh still can't sort it out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » internet help 22 database queries in 0.0129759 seconds