corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Harnesses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Harnesses
LingardGSI

User status: Offline
6th Apr 05 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is the best place to buy 3 point harnesses from? and what are the better makes? I want them to be snap hook rather than bolt in!

Cheers for the help
the_legend_of_yrag

6th Apr 05 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres some sparco ones on ebay i think new and can get the snap hook ones too, or try http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/
Adam-D

6th Apr 05 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tweeks

i just fitted my 4 point e approved sparco ones
jr

6th Apr 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get 4 points, and LUKE are the best set ive owned out of a few that ive had
LingardGSI

7th Apr 05 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
get 4 points, and LUKE are the best set ive owned out of a few that ive had

Why 3 point? And where is the best place to buy them from?
TOMAS

7th Apr 05 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 point allow for posibility of rear passengers if they sit between the straps and also no drilling of shell/eye-bolt plates needed. Sabelt are THE best IMO, sparco are rebadged sabelt.

Robin
Premium Member

7th Apr 05 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how have people mounted their 4 points? i just ordered mine, but i'm not really sure what the best way to mount them is
TOMAS

7th Apr 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On mine I had to drill holes through the exhaust tunnel one either side and then tacked a eye-bolt plate on the underside. You may be able to use your subframe but I used the shell for better strength. I then used the two middle seatbelt bolts in the rear - one for each harness then again drilled through the shell and tacked an eye-bolt plate between each of the middle seatbelt bolts and side bolts. Just trial them into the rear and work out where you need to drill. You DO need to drill and plate if you want to fit them properly...
Robin
Premium Member

7th Apr 05 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about the outer bolts on the rear, where the bottom of the inertia real is?
i have 8 seatbelt bolts the same in my car, as i took everthing out, can i use any of these?
TOMAS

7th Apr 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, The outer rear std bolts are too far appart for my liking. These I re-drilled to be more inline with the harness slots. - You can use 2 std seatbelt bolts per seat. The outer lower ones for the lap belt and the inner middle rear ones for the drivers left shoulder...
Robin
Premium Member

7th Apr 05 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, tbh i cant be arse with the drilling etc, so would it work, considering the car is coming off the road and is being used for shows....
TOMAS

7th Apr 05 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use the std's and hopefully the subframe will encorporate the centre lapstrap ones. I was just wanting the best for my safety TBH...
Robin
Premium Member

7th Apr 05 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er.... the seats are gonna be side mounted...
will this mean i have to drill?
broster
Premium Member

8th Apr 05 at 06:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do people go for 4 points ones out of interest, surely there is not much benifit over the 3point? and wouldnt 5 point be more sensible?
TOMAS

8th Apr 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup you will need to drill, you'll need to drill for sidemounts to be fitted surely?

4 pointers are stronger than 3 pointers obviously and also dont allow the upper body to twist in a large impact like a 3 point one would.

I have a 5 point option on mine (they came with the crutch strap) but IMO it would be a pain all the time to do it all up and unless we were going upside down wouldnt help much, maybe if I had a cage I would fit the 5th point.
LingardGSI

8th Apr 05 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Yup you will need to drill, you'll need to drill for sidemounts to be fitted surely?

4 pointers are stronger than 3 pointers obviously and also dont allow the upper body to twist in a large impact like a 3 point one would.

I have a 5 point option on mine (they came with the crutch strap) but IMO it would be a pain all the time to do it all up and unless we were going upside down wouldnt help much, maybe if I had a cage I would fit the 5th point.

So its 3 point snap hook ones i am after then cause i dont want to drill any holes? And where is the best place3 to get sabelt ones from?

Cheers for the help
Korsa

8th Apr 05 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't ave to drill 3 my 4 points....

TOMAS

10th Apr 05 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you can fit them like that but I didnt like the rear outer straps being so far out near to the rear quaters (or im my case doors). They are not in line with the holes in the seat which they pass through. Nice interior though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Harnesses 22 database queries in 0.0111141 seconds