corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » US DVD players

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author US DVD players
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 05 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of purchasing an Alpine IVA D900 from the US (it's obviously a lot cheaper), will it work over here?

I heard some people say that the radio stations might be tuned to different frequencies and will not work but others have said that everything will work properly.

Cheers

Melville

22nd Mar 05 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the tv output is different as well. Pal instead of NTSC or what ever it is. Ask Richie he is your best bet as he may be able to advise you on some American screens as well perhaps.
--Dave--
Banned

22nd Mar 05 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you
1.6 Sport BadBoy

31st Mar 05 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jst got a kenwood dvd touchscreen from the US V.cheep compared to here!
if your thinking of putting a dvd player to it or a playstation2, you'll need a converter. your looking for a PAL to NTSC converter, otherwise you'll only recieve a black and white picture. As for the radio stations, the US uses a larger bandwidth on their fequencies but i'm having no problem piking up the most popular stations here in the north east.

only probs wif the converter is you have to get one powered by a mains adapter, unless your running a playstation, inwhich you can get an adapter that plugs into the RGB output of the playstion itself. ooo and gud luck finding one of those coz they're like rocking horse poo poo to find in stock.
But if you do, let me know!
1.6 Sport BadBoy

31st Mar 05 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, forgot to mention, you can get the mains converters from ebay

New Poll