corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fcuking Bodyshop

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fcuking Bodyshop
iceman

User status: Offline
21st Mar 05 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tuners have now begun the remap drove the car down the road and the arches have cracked. FCUKING GREAT. Now they wont work on the car until A) I have seen the cracking B) I have spoken to the bodyshop. To be honest the work they have done is terrible where do i stand legally. I havent paid anything yet. They had the car 5 months just to blend in a standard gsi kit and do some work on the body which hasnt been done just painted over as the rust is starting to bubble through
mav

21st Mar 05 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a start you don't pay them then if you haven't done so..The quality of work is of a sub standard.....
Stu

21st Mar 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt think bodyshops would guarantee against cracking as its impossible to actually stop it cracking?
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fcuking terrible rear bumper aint wot i wanted the front bumper was bodged on the fog lights were wired to the park lights the fuel pump relay was fcuked about with the rust on the boot and passenger wing was just painted over there is over spray on my front 2 windows and now the cracking
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
I didnt think bodyshops would guarantee against cracking as its impossible to actually stop it cracking?

agreed but one drive down the fcuking road and it cracks
python

21st Mar 05 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the problem with smoothing in arches!!! especially on lowered cars as the ride is usually quite hard!!

just dont pay them if you havnt done so already and if you havnt signed anything to say that you were going to!!!
Ojc

21st Mar 05 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S&T Coachworks

See my sig, this is the trouble when you go to places that have'nt been tried and tested.
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent paid nothing yet going to get some pics tonight with the digi cam the thing that has fcuked me off is that they had it 5 months and it comes out in that condition and now after 1 run the bodywork cracks
L33 LEG
Banned

21st Mar 05 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont pay them, just wait and see what happens.
Stu

21st Mar 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
i havent paid nothing yet going to get some pics tonight with the digi cam the thing that has fcuked me off is that they had it 5 months and it comes out in that condition and now after 1 run the bodywork cracks

I think you'll be ok as you havent already paid em! they fix it to a standard you are happy with or they dont get paid and you go somewhere else! Like you say, you could understand it cracking over a period of time but not after a day!!

Good luck pal!!
Siberia

21st Mar 05 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why did they have the car 5 months?
Colin

21st Mar 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 months to do that Id be taking my car back off them if they hadnt done it by a few weeks!

Tell them to ram it and there lucky your not sending them a bill for the mess they made of it!!!
3CorsaMeal

21st Mar 05 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
i havent paid nothing yet

not to sound annoying, but that means you've paid something

i'd not pay until its rectified by a bodyshop of your choice because you've lost trust and faith in them and they foot the bill
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just spoken to the bodyshop and he was like well i need to see it fcuking fcuking fcuking god im flipping at work might even go home early
L33 LEG
Banned

21st Mar 05 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still dont see why its taken 5 months
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L33 LEG
still dont see why its taken 5 months

fcuking lazy cnuts
words cannot express the way i feel at the mo, im more like where do i stand legally does anyone know i have the car with the tuners and i dont wanna take it back to him and i deffo dont wanna pay him for the job. Can i just tell him to stick it or is there any implication?
Ojc

21st Mar 05 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just beat the shit out of him and then spit on him and say "I love you"
3CorsaMeal

21st Mar 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vehicle repairs and servicing

Vehicle servicing is covered by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

Vehicle servicing and repair are obvious areas where disputes can occur between the vehicle owner and the garage. When you take your vehicle to a garage for servicing or repair, you are entitled, under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, to expect the garage to carry out the work:

With reasonable care and skill (the standard of skill of an average garage)
In a reasonable time (unless a specific time was agreed)
At a reasonable cost (unless a price was agreed)
As the majority of vehicle owners are not very knowledgeable about the mechanics of their vehicle, they are therefore very reliant on the garage staff to treat them fairly and carry out a good job at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, even though the majority of garages are very reputable and honest, there are some garages who will, if you let them, provide poor quality work at a high price. A lot of these problems can be prevented by taking some simple precautionary steps.
BE SPECIFIC

Do not just take your car to a garage and ask them to 'fix' it.! You are asking for trouble as a disreputable garage could literally repair any faults they find.

Do not give the trader an open cheque by not obtaining a firm price for the work.

Discuss the symptoms and the likely costs of the repair with the owner, clarify whether the price is just for the materials or includes the labour and also whether VAT is included. Try to obtain a written quotation which specifies what repairs are necessary, what parts may be required (ask for the old parts to be given back to you) and also includes a price for the work. If this is not possible, obtain a written estimate and give a maximum amount that the garage can spend without your authorisation.

Do not just leave the vehicle with the garage to repair when they can fit it in. Agree a firm date and time, with the owner, when the work will be completed. Leave a contact number in case any problems develop.

If the trader is not willing to comply with your requests, or you are unhappy with the amount or cost of the work that is suggested, be prepared to take the car elsewhere, or to seek a second opinion.

WHAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG !

The car is not ready by the agreed date.
Discuss the situation with the owner and try to obtain a new date for completion. If the car is still not ready and the trader does not appear to be very helpful, it may be necessary for you to take the car away. You will probably have to pay for any work that has been carried out.

The fault has not been rectified
Take the car back as soon as possible to allow the garage a chance to examine and resolve the fault. If you are unable to do this, phone the owner as soon as possible and advise him of the problem. Give him the opportunity to resolve the problem.

Repairs have been carried out without authorisation!
This can be a contentious matter, especially with verbal contracts, as it can be very difficult to 'prove' that the garage had carried out the work without your authority. It will generally come down to 'proving' your word against the word of the garage.

If the garage has carried out unauthorised work, you could require them to 'undo' the work and put the vehicle back in its original condition, however, this course of action can also create problems, especially if it would make the vehicle unroadworthy . The trader may also refuse to undo the work or release the vehicle without payment. If improvements have been made, the garage is entitled to exercise a lien over the car, this is a legal right to hold disputed goods until payment is made. In these circumstances, the only way you can recover possession of the car is to 'pay under protest' and to then pursue your claim for reimbursement against the garage through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

The garage doesn't accept liability!
Put your complaint in writing, giving the garage a specific date to rectify the fault. [See leaflet 'Writing a letter of complaint'] You may need to obtain a written report, from an independent engineer, [ e.g. AA or RAC ] to provide technical evidence to back your claim.

If the trader does not respond to your letter, you may now have to have any defects rectified by another garage. [ It is only fair to advise the owner of the second garage that the repair is the subject of a dispute.] You will have to pay for the repair and then claim the repair costs back, if necessary, through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

The cost of the repair is higher than I expected
If you are in dispute and refuse to pay the price the garage is charging, the garage is entitled to exercise a lien over the car, this is a legal right to hold disputed goods until payment is made. In these circumstances, the only way you can recover possession of the car is to 'pay under protest' and to then pursue your claim for reimbursement against the garage through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

You will need to advise the garage in writing that you are not accepting the price and are paying purely to get the car back, and giving them a specified period in which to reimburse the disputed amount. You may ultimately have to pursue your claim through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

The vehicle was damaged at the garage
The garage has a general duty of care to look after your vehicle while it is in their possession, therefore if the vehicle is damaged at the garage, the cost of any repairs will be the garage's liability.

Good Garage Schemes
Some Trading Standards Services operate 'Good Garage Schemes' for vehicle sales and/or servicing and repairs. You may wish to contact your local Advice Office for a list of current members.

A68 08/02

This leaflet is relevant for the following nation(s) only:

England
Wales
Northern Ireland
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Just beat the shit out of him and then spit on him and say "I love you"

i would expect nothing less from you OJC at least u gave me a grin and a good idea
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Vehicle repairs and servicing

Vehicle servicing is covered by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

Vehicle servicing and repair are obvious areas where disputes can occur between the vehicle owner and the garage. When you take your vehicle to a garage for servicing or repair, you are entitled, under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, to expect the garage to carry out the work:

With reasonable care and skill (the standard of skill of an average garage)
In a reasonable time (unless a specific time was agreed)
At a reasonable cost (unless a price was agreed)
As the majority of vehicle owners are not very knowledgeable about the mechanics of their vehicle, they are therefore very reliant on the garage staff to treat them fairly and carry out a good job at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, even though the majority of garages are very reputable and honest, there are some garages who will, if you let them, provide poor quality work at a high price. A lot of these problems can be prevented by taking some simple precautionary steps.
BE SPECIFIC

Do not just take your car to a garage and ask them to 'fix' it.! You are asking for trouble as a disreputable garage could literally repair any faults they find.

Do not give the trader an open cheque by not obtaining a firm price for the work.

Discuss the symptoms and the likely costs of the repair with the owner, clarify whether the price is just for the materials or includes the labour and also whether VAT is included. Try to obtain a written quotation which specifies what repairs are necessary, what parts may be required (ask for the old parts to be given back to you) and also includes a price for the work. If this is not possible, obtain a written estimate and give a maximum amount that the garage can spend without your authorisation.

Do not just leave the vehicle with the garage to repair when they can fit it in. Agree a firm date and time, with the owner, when the work will be completed. Leave a contact number in case any problems develop.

If the trader is not willing to comply with your requests, or you are unhappy with the amount or cost of the work that is suggested, be prepared to take the car elsewhere, or to seek a second opinion.

WHAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG !

The car is not ready by the agreed date.
Discuss the situation with the owner and try to obtain a new date for completion. If the car is still not ready and the trader does not appear to be very helpful, it may be necessary for you to take the car away. You will probably have to pay for any work that has been carried out.

The fault has not been rectified
Take the car back as soon as possible to allow the garage a chance to examine and resolve the fault. If you are unable to do this, phone the owner as soon as possible and advise him of the problem. Give him the opportunity to resolve the problem.

Repairs have been carried out without authorisation!
This can be a contentious matter, especially with verbal contracts, as it can be very difficult to 'prove' that the garage had carried out the work without your authority. It will generally come down to 'proving' your word against the word of the garage.

If the garage has carried out unauthorised work, you could require them to 'undo' the work and put the vehicle back in its original condition, however, this course of action can also create problems, especially if it would make the vehicle unroadworthy . The trader may also refuse to undo the work or release the vehicle without payment. If improvements have been made, the garage is entitled to exercise a lien over the car, this is a legal right to hold disputed goods until payment is made. In these circumstances, the only way you can recover possession of the car is to 'pay under protest' and to then pursue your claim for reimbursement against the garage through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

The garage doesn't accept liability!
Put your complaint in writing, giving the garage a specific date to rectify the fault. [See leaflet 'Writing a letter of complaint'] You may need to obtain a written report, from an independent engineer, [ e.g. AA or RAC ] to provide technical evidence to back your claim.

If the trader does not respond to your letter, you may now have to have any defects rectified by another garage. [ It is only fair to advise the owner of the second garage that the repair is the subject of a dispute.] You will have to pay for the repair and then claim the repair costs back, if necessary, through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

The cost of the repair is higher than I expected
If you are in dispute and refuse to pay the price the garage is charging, the garage is entitled to exercise a lien over the car, this is a legal right to hold disputed goods until payment is made. In these circumstances, the only way you can recover possession of the car is to 'pay under protest' and to then pursue your claim for reimbursement against the garage through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

You will need to advise the garage in writing that you are not accepting the price and are paying purely to get the car back, and giving them a specified period in which to reimburse the disputed amount. You may ultimately have to pursue your claim through arbitration (trade association) or the courts.

The vehicle was damaged at the garage
The garage has a general duty of care to look after your vehicle while it is in their possession, therefore if the vehicle is damaged at the garage, the cost of any repairs will be the garage's liability.

Good Garage Schemes
Some Trading Standards Services operate 'Good Garage Schemes' for vehicle sales and/or servicing and repairs. You may wish to contact your local Advice Office for a list of current members.

A68 08/02

This leaflet is relevant for the following nation(s) only:

England
Wales
Northern Ireland

3CM u r a legend cheers for doing that i just havent got the patient at the mo now
RKS

21st Mar 05 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is the car at the moment??
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has it... he owns the tuners who built the engine

[Edited on 21-03-2005 by iceman]
RichR
Premium Member

21st Mar 05 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu

wrong bodyshops who dont know what theyre doing with fibreglass wont guarantee

If you use woven roving and lay up correctly - it WILL NEVER crack!!!!! It'll be stronger than steel for 1/2 the weight and u should never have an issue

it cracks when the muppets use P40 and P38 and bodge fill the gaps;

P40 is not fibreglass - its a bridging agent of chopped up bits of glass and resin - yet muppets still use it to smooth bodywork in
messham11

21st Mar 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What bodyshop you take it to? Not Burnham Coachworks was it??!!!
iceman

21st Mar 05 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope it was in wycombe

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fcuking Bodyshop 22 database queries in 0.2011619 seconds