corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x 16 xe alternator belt tensioner help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x 16 xe alternator belt tensioner help
ianofbhills

User status: Offline
16th Mar 05 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok just fitted a 16v engine to replace my tired 8v unit in my corsa sri. The alternator on the x 16 xe engine is fixed so you cant adjust where it mounts to tension the alt belt the conventional way i believe there is an automatic belt tensioner fitted the the x series of engines but i dont know where this fits too.

The engine i have used to run power steering so i had to swap the drivers side engine mount for my old 8v one as i dont have power steering. In doing so this meant the belt i had no longer fits so i've bought a new alt belt.

The belt i have bought is meant for a x 14 xe without aircon or power steering but is still a multi v (wide ribbed) so it should fit fine however i do not have one of the aforementioned automatic tensioner pulleys so the belt is to long and i have no way of tensioning it.

basicly i'm after a pic or info of what this pulley looks like so i know where and how it fits.
Rileysport

16th Mar 05 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll get ya the pic u2u me your moby number i'll sort it tonight
ianofbhills

16th Mar 05 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate u2u sent

New Poll