corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » bluetooth virus via blue jacking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bluetooth virus via blue jacking
Glen

User status: Offline
   7th Mar 05 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello every1.
If any1s got bluetooth on there phone be carefull with unusual msgs. Ive got a nokia 6600. i got a message in the pub there night so i opened it and an install icon went accross the screen of my phone didnt have a chance 2 cancel it after that it keeps on sending this virus with bluetooth the only way i can stop sending it is turn bluetooth off but know my battery drains so quickly. ive been in2 phone shops 2 c wot thay can do and thay cant do anything so ive had 2 order a new phone
Dom

7th Mar 05 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a hard format mate that might work. But if you can find out what the virus does (display anything etc) then check it up with google as there a number of cleaning programmes you can get mate

There was another thread in Off day about 2 months back of someone having a virus on a 6600 and we all sorted it for him

At worse, just take it to a carphone warehouse or nokia centre and get them to reflash the phone, no need to get a new phone for a virus mate
Swiftie

7th Mar 05 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why order a new phone. Just format it.

Most phone shops dont know f*ck all.

So format the phone memory then followef by the MMC card & everything is sorted. Will lose everything on the phone such as contacts and anything stored but phone will work.

Do a hardware format by pressing and holding keys....

End Call, * and Pick Up Call then whilst holdin these buttons dwn, press the power button and hold till you see FORMATING on the screen.

New Poll