corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » rack out or leave in

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rack out or leave in
GHurn

User status: Offline
1st Mar 05 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has any one replaced a tie rod on a corsa with power steering, is it easier to take the rack out?
James R

1st Mar 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave it in there
just winds off the end of the rod.
GHurn

1st Mar 05 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah thats the track rod end that winds off. thats fine its the rod that comes out of the rack that the track rod end screws on to i was thinking of taking it out as it looks fiddly on the passenger as its above the gearbox and i thought it would be easiern if i took it out, but just wanted to see if anyone had done one before
Bonzai

1st Mar 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh sorry autmatically thought you meant the rod end. it's fine, once the rubber boot is off the rod you can see it, then you have to un deform the end cap and undo the mofo, then stick the new on on there, havign it fll lock over givs much more room, also savs the hassle of PAS fluid everywhere.
Bonzai

1st Mar 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*james using bens computer*
GHurn

1st Mar 05 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers havent changed a tie rod before done loads of track rod ends, just wanted abit of info so it takes me less time, cheers james

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » rack out or leave in 23 database queries in 0.0082002 seconds