corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C LET

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C LET
Colin

User status: Offline
24th Feb 05 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone on here got a Corsa C with a LET
jr

24th Feb 05 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think IAZ mate has
Teddy

24th Feb 05 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy who makes the M-Tech kit runs once 315bhp according to reports - thats running a C20LET.

There is another lad - cant remember his name running a Z20LET as well.
boyracer2002

24th Feb 05 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://web.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=198484

Colin

24th Feb 05 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it still loads of cash for the conversion - Heard it was like £10k or something daft before
Colin

24th Feb 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now thats what im talking about What would that conversion cost???
timrud_

24th Feb 05 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots!!!

Think you would be struggling to find somebody to take it on for you for a realistic price....

Best of having a go yourself!
Colin

24th Feb 05 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the main problems compared to converting a CorsaB???
--Dave--
Banned

24th Feb 05 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've heard it's relatively straight forward to do. Only problems you might have is with some of the sensors
Fear

24th Feb 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kolin
Is it still loads of cash for the conversion - Heard it was like £10k or something daft before

i sware i read in a mag the other day that Cossvaux will do a Z20LET coversion in a C for £5k, il try found the mag and see if i remember correct!

If it is thats a damn good price if you ask me!
Fear

24th Feb 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was in revs mag:

Q: My corsa c's got a kit and a set of tidy 17s but ive now got the power bug and im looking at a calibra turbo conversion. Do i only need the engine or will i have to buy other stuff as well.
Also, how much would i be looking at!

A: The guys at Cossvaux in Sheffield reckon that the calibra turbo conversion for a corsa c is a nightmare. Its much tidier and easier in the log run to go for an Astra Coupe turbo motor.
They can do a conversion from around £5000 and will do the full fitting for you.
Teddy

24th Feb 05 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you to "fly by wire" and mulitplex wiring.
timrud_

24th Feb 05 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was there the other day, some goon rang up with a new astra coupe (i think, i just remember it was pritty much a brand new car), and he wanted a C20LET put in.

Needless to say he was advised against it as it would seriously devalue his car by putting a 13 year old engine in ROFL

TBH you would be doing well to get your car booked in at Cossvaux, im sure Will is trying to trim down the number of bookings he is taking....
timrud_

24th Feb 05 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes and it is the wiring thats the problem with the C20LET conversion in a Corsa C
BeArDy

24th Feb 05 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the Black corsa above was done by a bloke called Daz from near me and lets just say it was that much

the hard part about the coverstion is getting the Standard dash and fuel pump to work with the engine, as there on say a corsa B dash there about 30 wires and each wire has its own job, the Corsa C dash has just 1 wire with feeds the dash doing all the jobs (easy way would be to run a Stack dash with after market sensors, you need after market sensors anyway to make the dash work), also the fuel pump is run by the Standard ECU with the Immob system and the rest of the working of the car (reason why the Corsa C run 2 ECU's)
Getting the engine in and running (being able to drive it) isent the problem its getting the rest of the car to work with it as you can get a engine working without is even being in a car.....

The reason why Cossvaux say Z20LET as it runs all on the same system, so should be a matter of plug and play (Cossvaux has yet to do a Corsa C so its all in theroy and from what regal have said) and also to try and keep the cost down as trial and error on after market sensors could work out expensive .....

[Edited on 24-02-2005 by BeArDy]
Colin

24th Feb 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Beardy
corsa kev
Premium Member

24th Feb 05 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats mine, in for a face lift at the minute!
pics in my garage!
will be finshed sataday il post loads of pics up!

[Edited on 24-02-2005 by corsa kev]
Colin

24th Feb 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

justcorsas

16th Mar 05 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just started putting a Z20LET in to a corsa C.
I does not look that bad Im waiting for vauxhall to get a astra turbo O/S mount in so then I can make the gearbox mount fit.
The car loom plugs in to the Z20let ECU so will have to wait to see if it will work yet.
the drive shafts out the astra look the same. Need to swop the corsa ball joint for the astra so I can run 5 stud hubs with the 300mm+ brakes.
May need to fit astra legs, and lowering springs
corb

16th Mar 05 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^a vauxhall corstra
bazgooch

16th Mar 05 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
the Black corsa above was done by a bloke called Daz from near me and lets just say it was that much

the hard part about the coverstion is getting the Standard dash and fuel pump to work with the engine, as there on say a corsa B dash there about 30 wires and each wire has its own job, the Corsa C dash has just 1 wire with feeds the dash doing all the jobs (easy way would be to run a Stack dash with after market sensors, you need after market sensors anyway to make the dash work), also the fuel pump is run by the Standard ECU with the Immob system and the rest of the working of the car (reason why the Corsa C run 2 ECU's)
Getting the engine in and running (being able to drive it) isent the problem its getting the rest of the car to work with it as you can get a engine working without is even being in a car.....

The reason why Cossvaux say Z20LET as it runs all on the same system, so should be a matter of plug and play (Cossvaux has yet to do a Corsa C so its all in theroy and from what regal have said) and also to try and keep the cost down as trial and error on after market sensors could work out expensive .....

[Edited on 24-02-2005 by BeArDy]

Sure i've spoken to him b4 an took him like 6 months to get the wiring done properly!!!
jr

16th Mar 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took mtec 3 months to figure a way round it i think
bazgooch

16th Mar 05 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
took mtec 3 months to figure a way round it i think

Patrick @ m-tech's a legend tho!!! Last time i met him he came over in a 370bhp calibra that he converted to rwd!!!

Kept breakin it tho lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C LET 22 database queries in 0.0162628 seconds