corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who here knows much about repairing salvage cars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who here knows much about repairing salvage cars
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 05 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of starting to buy some CAT C and CAT D write offs and repair them, but there are a few areas in this field that i'm still not sure about and need answers. They are:

- When the car is sold, and someone does a check on it will it show up as a write off ?

- When you apply for the V5 do you become an owner listed on it ?

There are more questions but i'd want these answered first
Edd

22nd Feb 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it will show up as a write off.not sure about the other question though.
1600power

22nd Feb 05 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- When the car is sold, and someone does a check on it will it show up as a write off ?

Yes any car recorded as any CAT will be recorded on the HPI register. In saying that though its entirely up to the person that is looking to buy the car to check this out but legally as a trader/repairer you must inform the person of its history if you know anything about it.

CAT D cars dont get recorded on the V5 as being damaged (but are getting rarer due to a change in the laws governing damage repairable cars)

CAT C cars are now alot more common and the only downside in this is that 80% of these cars will need VIC checks (which costs £35 and must be done before a V5 for that vehicle can be issued) When the V5 comes back for a VIC checked car it will say that the car has been 'substantially damaged / repaired' which is bollocks for 70% of the cars it tests as they include cars with damaged front wings, etc

- When you apply for the V5 do you become an owner listed on it ?

Yes you will come back as the new owner, this is bad if you dont shift the car from a few months as I have found because if you forget to SORN it you get a nice fancy fine through the post!

I have a business doing these cars mate so if you have any questions I'm sure i could help you out.

One word of warning though, do not try to get into this business without the tools for the job, i.e if you cant spray then you can say goodbye to your profit margin as this will eat away alot of potential money!

I would also advise you to invest in a shit hot set of tools £100+
j0hn

22nd Feb 05 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wer can i get a cat D corsa from any websites?
Tom

22nd Feb 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best looking for a non-recorded isn't it?
Half Pint

22nd Feb 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John your better off going to a auction.

Half Pint

22nd Feb 05 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Best looking for a non-recorded isn't it?

harder to find thatn a HPI registered one, if asked you have to tell them that it has been in an accident, but if they don't ask you don'tr have to tell.
Bonney

22nd Feb 05 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try WWW.Hills-Motors.co.uk, seen a load of corsa c in there, but i think they might be a bit far from where you are.
ainsley_brader

22nd Feb 05 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you cant paint dont even bother. I do a lot of work for a chap and use to do a lot of suspension work for a chap who was doing 51 plate on repairables. He has now stopped as he can buy straight cars cheaper and theres less hassle with them.

Damage repairables need to be nearly new to have any sort of profit left in them!
Paula Corsa

22nd Feb 05 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could try www.dhales.co.uk too.
Red_SXi

22nd Feb 05 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've looked into it more, yeh i do paint so that isn't a problem, but i can't be arsed with the hassle of CAT C's, and i've found a few non-recorded damaged cars. Going to an auction tomorrow

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who here knows much about repairing salvage cars 22 database queries in 0.0113971 seconds