corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quarter mile time!!!!!

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quarter mile time!!!!!
Paula Corsa

User status: Offline
24th Feb 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find me a road legal Jap car that does an 8. Calder racing's Supra Is one of the quickest at the mo with a 9.9.

There is a lso the Sumo Skyline which did a 9.69 I think.
Nismo

24th Feb 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paula Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
all i did was agree its unlikely its quicker than an R1 but feel free to prove me wrong

however i dont appreciate being accused of saying anything else other wise about the car and whether its crap or not i havnt even seen to comment and i wouldnt comment til i have seen it

How doy you know then if you've never seen it???????.Is Your car in the top 20 compound at RR?. I don't think you should comment on smoething you know nothing about. Even if you are following the other sheep who think they are clever.

Come and have a look at it, see it run, then pass comment.

why do you keep going on about this compound as if its something like a VIP area where al the guys get to put there cocks in each others exhausts???

End of the day your B/Fs car shouldnt be in there as its a drag car and Redline rumble is for STREET LEGAL cars

sureley you should be parked in the corner of the real drag car compound?
Paula Corsa

24th Feb 05 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's my husband, and he gets a Personal invite from Renton. He has just as much right to be there as any other car, if he is chosen to be there.
Nismo

24th Feb 05 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Find me a road legal Jap car that does an 8. Calder racing's Supra Is one of the quickest at the mo with a 9.9.

There is a lso the Sumo Skyline which did a 9.69 I think.

Thats in the UK , they are not real Jap tuners.

download some Jap films, may i suggest High Performance Imports Vol 5 which contains a road legal RX7 doing 8.3 Qtr.
Kerry

24th Feb 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be frank you may not like the attitude of people on here but quite frankly from what i have read yours stinks to be honest

Paula Corsa

24th Feb 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are not real Jap Tuners???????????. How can you say that when they have been running sucessful tuning companies for years. I'll have to tell the boys at calder that, when I see them next, so we can all laugh together.
Paula Corsa

24th Feb 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
to be frank you may not like the attitude of people on here but quite frankly from what i have read yours stinks to be honest

To be Frank. I really don't care!
Nismo

24th Feb 05 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They are not real Jap Tuners???????????. How can you say that when they have been running sucessful tuning companies for years. I'll have to tell the boys at calder that, when I see them next, so we can all laugh together.

yeah you tell the boys that. they maybe clever tuners but the real jap tuners are funnily enough based in Japan. likes of Top Secret, Panspeed.

if there so great why can they only manage high 9s

yet japan can manage 7/8s
Andy

24th Feb 05 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This Nova is a remarkable example of what can be assembled on a very limited budget and hats off to them for doing it

But

I don't see how it can honestly be held up to a Jap performance car, most of which tend to be incredibly well built, reliable, have superb handling and still manage to comply with all emissions regs etc. etc.

Nismo's point (and a good one) is that his standard road legal car turns in a standing quarter not too different from this Nova, yet manages to fit the bill in all sorts of other areas

[Edited on 24-02-2005 by Andy]

[Edited on 24-02-2005 by Andy]
Darren

24th Feb 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Go Kerry
Paula Corsa

24th Feb 05 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are faster in Japan Due The advances in technogoly and tuning, which like everyting else, take time to reach other countries.
Stu

24th Feb 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im Jap all the way me but that Nova is a massive acheivement whether £3.5k or £35k was spent, an 11.3 standing quarter a great in any FWD!
Drew
Banned

24th Feb 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh by the way I'm still looking for a standard Celica and RX-7 that are 'Slightly slower'. Having trouble finding any though. Funny that isn't it

i quoted your last yours best time of 13.4-13.5 whatever you said. My car is standard, and (before i got it) ran a 13.8, now i would say that is 'slightly slower' wouldnt you
Kerry

24th Feb 05 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never knew a female could be so arrogant
Marc

24th Feb 05 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

To be Frank. I really don't care!

Whos Frank?
Drew
Banned

24th Feb 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
Well shut the fuck up, s you clearly have no idea do you!

yeah ok

thou my standard car is only just slightly slower than your best time last season

Didn't say it eh????. Can you not read the whole car was purchased and built for £3.5K. Not alot of money in the tuning world these days. If you think that is a massive budget, you shouldn't be on performance car forums, especially seeing as you drive a standard car.

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

Right you jumped up little twat , did i ever say that my car was slightly slower than yours NO

think you need to learn to read user names no nismo didnt say it, i did

[Edited on 24-02-2005 by Drew]
Drew
Banned

24th Feb 05 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
the last time i read this thread it was only 2 pages long and boring

i intruded on it
Drew
Banned

24th Feb 05 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Honda a Japanese engine. I don't dislike all japanese cars. I mainly dislike the drivers with bad attitudes.

We dont have bad attitudes , we only get bad attitudes when people make outragous comments and say we say things which we dont.

I have never said that it is a bad time, i havent slated the car, i have just said and i stand by my original quote that it Will Not beat an R1 to a 100mph,

you choose to be abusive toward Jap cars ,your choice but at the end of the day you may not like jap cars but they will allways be faster and more clever on the Qtr mile.

low 8/9s on road legal cars is what they do , because they know what to do and how to do it.

Drag cars (based on OEM cars) is 6/7/8s qtrs.

well said - if you check thru this full post, i have never slated the car, as i dont know it, but i do know it will not beat a R1 up to 100mph, this is what i have been saying for the full post, and i still stand by it
Kerry

24th Feb 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ditto
CORSA NUT

24th Feb 05 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i be frank???
R Lee

24th Feb 05 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Can i be frank???

yes
Paula Corsa

24th Feb 05 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drew I never posted times of 13.5. The car has never run a 13, only 12's and now 11's.

I don't think I'm arrogant either, just open and Honest. I speak as I find, please or offend. I can also aplogise and admit I am wrong. An arrogant person would not do that.

As I said I don't care what you thing. We have all the data from every run stored on a laptop, downloaded from th ECU. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and if that is yours, that's fine.

Oh and it's you who needs to read. i apologised to Nismo, for the mistake with the quote.

[Edited on 24-02-2005 by Paula Corsa]
corb

24th Feb 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're getting on my tits, it would appear you cant seem to let a single post about 1/4 miles go by without getting involved and going on about this nova again and again. People have been banned on here before for repeat double posting, christ knows how many times youve posted the same thing over and over about you're damn nova.

Ok, i'll admit its fast, yes, but only from what ive heard.

Please, let it rest now and stfu about this car, PLEASE!

Corb x
myke

24th Feb 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

respect to you for building such a quick car on such a small budget, and also respect for persevering with this thread. most people would have called it a day long ago and not faught their corner.

i agree with what timrud was saying a couple of pages back.
Paula Corsa

24th Feb 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you Myke. Here you go Corb Back to topic.

11.3 @129mph.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quarter mile time!!!!! 22 database queries in 0.0588500 seconds