corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance payout

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance payout
Ben
Banned

User status: Offline
17th Feb 05 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK i crashed my corsa last year , i still have it in the garage , insurance payed me £900 for it but i am still in the middle of the court thingy with the taxi driver , if i win (which i should) then they will pay the insurance back there money (from taxis insurance)

so does that mean that i will still own the car?

my insurance sent me a letter saying simpson salvage now own it

but the thing is i have pinched loads off it for the gsi , alot of the wiring ect.

but i think that if there getting there money back the car should be mine ,

also i have called simpson salvage and asked to buy it off them and they practically told me to fuck off and were quite rude.

so i am am going to be just as rude and take a shite on the seats

[Edited on 17-02-2005 by Ben]
Adam_B

17th Feb 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long ago did they say they were collecting it?

[Edited on 17-02-2005 by Adam_B]
Paul H

17th Feb 05 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it's in your garage play the salvage yard at there own game and tell them you want money for storing the car.my mate did this with his R1 when he wrote it off.he got a cheque for £250 for storage.legally they own the car now as you have already been payed out for it
Ben
Banned

17th Feb 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmm good point BUT they might get in touch with my insurance companie and then they might pay them , but whack it on top of my renewal next year x 10,000

Paul H

17th Feb 05 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are in your right to charge them for storage after all it's in your garage.your insurance won't go up as this is an agreement between you and the salvage company.ring them up and tell them you want it fetching or it's off in the street
City

17th Feb 05 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

salavge own the car - insurance paid you 900 for the car! - insurance company has no use for the car so they sell them to a salvage yard - very suprised they ant called ya to pick it up

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
OK i crashed my corsa last year , i still have it in the garage , insurance payed me £900 for it but i am still in the middle of the court thingy with the taxi driver , if i win (which i should) then they will pay the insurance back there money (from taxis insurance)

but the thing is i have pinched loads off it for the gsi , alot of the wiring ect.

also i have called simpson salvage and asked to buy it off them and they practically told me to fuck off and were quite rude.

Ben
Banned

17th Feb 05 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by City
salavge own the car - insurance paid you 900 for the car! - insurance company has no use for the car so they sell them to a salvage yard - very suprised they ant called ya to pick it up

quote:
Originally posted by Ben

but they will be claiming the costs £900 off the taxi driver

so technically its the taxi driver who will be paying for it?

i think they might of called a while back but i wernt in , aint heard owt for a while
GT4Brody

17th Feb 05 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you not have the option to buy it back from insurers?
Ben
Banned

18th Feb 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they never asked me, when i asked them they said they cant because they have passed the ownership to simpson salvage

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance payout 22 database queries in 0.0158160 seconds