corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza videos

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza videos
morty

User status: Offline
16th Feb 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has John re-built his v-limited since it let go at TOTB Stu. Seth if you look on bbs.scoobynet.co.uk you may find some thing or try www.sidc.co.uk or www.p1woc.co.uk just a couple there may be some at www.22b.com aswell

Darren
SetH

16th Feb 05 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Anyone seen any of them vids yet?

Yes quality stuff
SetH

16th Feb 05 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
Originally posted by SetH
I only wanted some vids

stu what mods do you have on the p1?

Hehe, sorry Set H!

Car is pretty standard really:

Engine: HKS exhaust from the turbo back (incl downpipe and de cat), STI panel filter, 3 port boost solenoid, Tek 3 remap with 2 psi boost increase, intercooler splitter, mapped on 98Ron Optimax and NF formula octane booster with 1ml added per litre of fuel

Brakes: 335mmx32mm Godspeed upgrades

Tyres: Bridgestone RE070's

Exterior: Clear indicators and STI rear lights

Interior: SECs engine monitor, Defi boost gauge, Knocklink, HKS turbo timer, Prodrive gearknob and STI pedals

Thats about it!

What boost are you running now then? peak? and holding?

Im also thinking of going with the godspeed 335mm, Do P1`s have the same 4 pots as STi 4`s? Just wondered if you have noticed a lot of difference, ive got really good pedal feel atm but not a lot of bite, and fade is nasty. Which pads did you go for mintex or ferrodo?

where do you get your NF formula octane booster from? ive been running millers because you can buy it in bulk. Anywhere that supplies boxes of the NF? Take it thats the best stuff?

do you ever get much knocklink activity? fitted mine a few weeks back, i get a couple of green lights at high revs 7krpm +.

Ive got some headers on order, and walbro fuel pump sitting at home. not sure wether to wait until i get a remap before i fit the pump or not. The answer i got on SC confused me lol.
Stu

16th Feb 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car peaks 1.4 bar and holds at about 1.25 - 1.3ish, depending on gear etc.

Yeah, same calipers exactly, Went for the Mintex pads in the end! Yeah, kit is very good, much better than standard and the added thickness of the disc helps cooling and stops fade. Just need to get the braided hoses on now which should help no end!

Roger Clarke motorsport do it! NF is supposed to be the best BUT Ive not tried any others yet so am only going off what other people have said!

Exactly the same activity as you, two greens at the most.

Shouldnt need a remap after a pump. Only thing is that the standard fuel pressure regs arent too good! The added fuel pressure from the pump may shorten its life span....

What Impreza do you have? is it an STI4?
J da Silva

16th Feb 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Ive necer seen one beeing driven buy a young guy that is in it for the driving experiance , all seem to be old guys or women taking the kids to school

Whaaaaaat?

Im 25, Ive got a 2 door impreza (dont you need 4 doors for dropping the kids off?) running 321bhp with some light engine mods, only other mods are Bridgestone Potenza RE070 Tyres and 335mm brakes! The car is used for weekend thrashing and track days only, so does about 2500 hard miles a year. Trust me, if you see my car out on the road you'd do well to stay in the same postcode!

Why would he move to a new place?I think he likes his home anyways
Nismo

16th Feb 05 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing wrong with my home , just painted the outside

[Edited on 16-02-2005 by Nismo]
Marc

16th Feb 05 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

Launch, i dont doubt you would have me , however after the launch im sure i will pass you

I guarantee i would "have you" off the start.
J da Silva

16th Feb 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'My dad can beat up your dad'
Marc

16th Feb 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love your dad.
SetH

17th Feb 05 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Car peaks 1.4 bar and holds at about 1.25 - 1.3ish, depending on gear etc.

Yeah, same calipers exactly, Went for the Mintex pads in the end! Yeah, kit is very good, much better than standard and the added thickness of the disc helps cooling and stops fade. Just need to get the braided hoses on now which should help no end!

Roger Clarke motorsport do it! NF is supposed to be the best BUT Ive not tried any others yet so am only going off what other people have said!

Exactly the same activity as you, two greens at the most.

Shouldnt need a remap after a pump. Only thing is that the standard fuel pressure regs arent too good! The added fuel pressure from the pump may shorten its life span....

What Impreza do you have? is it an STI4?

Yes its an STi 4, reckon might have a go at fitting the pump at the weekend then. Also need to pull the passenger carpet up and have a look at the ECU, previous owner said it had a remap but its an my98 so this is not poss, so will see if there is aftermarkert ECU there. The boost controller I have will allow 24psi without any fuel cut/overboost so im guessing could be a new ECU in there?
Stu

17th Feb 05 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes its an STi 4, reckon might have a go at fitting the pump at the weekend then. Also need to pull the passenger carpet up and have a look at the ECU, previous owner said it had a remap but its an my98 so this is not poss, so will see if there is aftermarkert ECU there. The boost controller I have will allow 24psi without any fuel cut/overboost so im guessing could be a new ECU in there?

Yeah, pump shouldnt be a problem really! Think there is a fitting guide on scoobynet if you do a search!

There must be something going on to run boost that high. Think fuel cut is at about 18psi on that car depending on outside air temps etc. See if you can spot an FCD anywhere if the ECU is standard.

What turbo is it on? Wasnt it a VF24 on the STI 4's?

SetH

17th Feb 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes think it is a VF24, there is a serial number embossed onto the turbo, anywhere i can check online to see exactly which turbo it is?

Where do you think the fuel cut defender would be located, have not noticed anything. Just a solenoid and piping for the blitz boost controller.

It made 295bhp on rollers running 16psi and fuelling was spot on. Currently running 19psi peak and holding 17.5 and only getting the odd green light on knocklink. I did briefly turn it right up to around 24psi and major knocklink activity!, would be interesting to turn it up again once pump is fitted, with the cold weather at the moment i might get away with it.

I have ordered some headers and still trying to decided which IC to go with. aiming for 350/60bhp this year with GEMS ECU.
morty

17th Feb 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stu how come your using opti and booster on a P1? it should be already mapped from prodrive to run on uk fuel.

SetH would recommend changing to dot 5.1 brake fluid and braided hoses with the std scooby 4 pots or the ap 6 pots but the 6 pots wont fit behind the std 16" scooby wheels.

Also try Link ecu if on/after MY98, My97 is the one that cannot be mapped my92-my96 ecu can be changed to scooby ecu for any uk 2000, wrx or sti, and Link ecu for any thing after my98 think there is some on scooby net using Pectal or similar...If any of you scooby lads are interested ive got some team dynamic motorsport alloys in powder coated black with 215/40/17 avon zz3's you can have them for £300 there about 2 month old and just sitting here doing nowt.

Darren
SetH

17th Feb 05 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

powder coated black alloys? hmmm tempting, they STi offset though? i know STi is different to WRX, also classic and newage are different also?

Wanna swap for my white speedlines, wonder if i can sell them

Oh and yes going for link ecu later in year.
Neil

17th Feb 05 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres an impreza video

http://www.nearlygood.com/video/rallyjumproll.html
Stu

17th Feb 05 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morty
Stu how come your using opti and booster on a P1? it should be already mapped from prodrive to run on uk fuel.

Darren

Yeah, I understand what you are saying but my car has had a remap to run at its best on 98Ron with octane booster.

Even if my car was standard I would use octane booster on the P1 cos as far as I am aware (and Ive done my research on this) Prodrive dont actually change the map at all, they just change the knock sensor for a more sensitive one which retards and advances the ignition as required! There are still a lot of lean parts of the P1 map, this can be seen on the knocklink when octane booster isnt used!

SetH

17th Feb 05 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God bless the knocklink device!!
Stu

17th Feb 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
God bless the knocklink device!!

Amen!
morty

17th Feb 05 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive also got a 5" jap tanaba exhaust and an aluminium strut brace, the zorst makes it sound like a rally slag with all the popping and farting very nice through tunnels
The wheels are for the classic scooby and I had them on my wagon. got a zafira gsi now so carnt swap then sorry.
SetH

18th Feb 05 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

classic wagon and classic STi is different offset isnt it?
stubbsy

18th Feb 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro has a sti6, it is driven how it is meant to be, along with the other 10 impreza drivers the other sunday (private road ) if your car can keep up with them nismo then credit where credit is due but there awsome cars, my brothers was rolling roaded at 302.4 bhp with 299 ilb/ft torque. also went down the strip at santa pod in 13.2. @106 mph,

[Edited on 18-02-2005 by stubbsy]
SetH

18th Feb 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice that

What mods has he got? thats a good torque figure for an STi.
stubbsy

18th Feb 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was realy surprised with that figure, just got a back box on it. is an import so maybe some internal work done before, who knows.
morty

18th Feb 05 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All classics have the same offset its just the geometry that is messed with. Sti did there own geometry setup to try and cut the oversteer out in corners.

The offset is totally different from classic to bugeye though.

Darren

[Edited on 18-02-2005 by morty]
dave17

18th Feb 05 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NeilM
Heres an impreza video

http://www.nearlygood.com/video/rallyjumproll.html

i was gona post that

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza videos 22 database queries in 0.0142710 seconds