corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Info on Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Info on Corsa B
bwbw

User status: Offline
   15th Feb 05 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all,

My mate has a corsa b spin 1.2 8v (3Door) and I have a Corsa B Premier 1.4 8v (5 Door) and his seems to be almost similar in terms of speed to mine. He recently drilled holes in his air box in an attempt to make his quicker. Surely the 1.2 and 1.4 can't be the same, what would the extra 200cc be for?

Any advice would be grateful

Chris
Drew
Banned

15th Feb 05 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 door - 5 door - weight
Drew
Banned

15th Feb 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thou i would still say it shouldnt make THAT much differance
bwbw

15th Feb 05 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only differences is I've got alloys on mine, Neither has PAS or anythin like that. His doesn't have a rev counter though? Whats optimum time to change gear ?
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Feb 05 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your wheels are bigger then your effective gearing is longer, which would result in the car being slower to accelerate.

Either way there is only 15bhp in it which isn't much anyway.
bwbw

15th Feb 05 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that the 1.2's and 1.4's 8v's we're the same BHP ? thought they we're round about 58 or 60. My top speed I've had is about 90 where he's had his at 95 (When I was in car) though I've seen a 1.0 12V at 100mph!
K2 GTi

15th Feb 05 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 8v does 110.........

Down a very steep hill
bwbw

15th Feb 05 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to K2HOY Steep hill, mine would only do that if I pushed it off a cliff and added weights to the car (good couple of hundred bricks in the back seats) Nah but seriously, Why won't this go any quicker, I have a sneaking suspicion that the last owner didn't really use the car as much so maybe the engine needs loosened up a bit?
K2 GTi

15th Feb 05 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

break it in old fella a
bwbw

15th Feb 05 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been trying just no luck, Had the car for about 2months now. Also what kinda mpg you get on your car cause I have another sneaking suspicion mine is using too much fuel, as a note to the above, i'm not used to fast cars I had a 1.4 Diesel 106, Fastest it went was 85, 0-60 in about 30 seconds
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Feb 05 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8v is 45bhp
1.4 8v single point is 60bhp
bwbw

15th Feb 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok fair enough, just wondering why both have the same 0-60 time.
Skipz

15th Feb 05 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bwbw.. i had a 1.4 8v SRi and Aj's Corsa had a 1.2 8v, he was pushing his car to go as fast as it could on the way to crail once and my car wasn't even struggling.. think he said he'd had 110 out of his i got 125 out of mine sitting on the arse of my dads mondeo
K2 GTi

15th Feb 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bwbw
I've been trying just no luck, Had the car for about 2months now. Also what kinda mpg you get on your car cause I have another sneaking suspicion mine is using too much fuel, as a note to the above, i'm not used to fast cars I had a 1.4 Diesel 106, Fastest it went was 85, 0-60 in about 30 seconds

petrol doesnt last me long and costs me a bomb....... my car rinses it
Skipz

15th Feb 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 HOY
quote:
Originally posted by bwbw

petrol doesnt last me long and costs me a bomb....... my car rinses it

My car done 180miles to a full tank

it had a petrol leak and i never bothered my arse to get it sorted
bwbw

15th Feb 05 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mine seems to have fell in love with the petrol station. I put a tenner in it on sunday and ahve done just under 70miles and now it's going on to reserve. We're thinking of driving down to Alton Towers but I don't fancy taking mine, Think it'd cost too much on petrol. My mates the same he's got a Suzuki Jimny
hazey-corsa

15th Feb 05 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 1.2 8v will not do 110 unless the speedo is reading at least 10mph wrong. My 1.2 16v topped out at about 104/5 and at that speed the speedo isnt very acurate anyway so it could of been lower!

You have alloys and if they are larger as said abouve your accelleration will be slower and you also have a bit of extra weight due to your extra doors, I would expect your cars to perform similarly.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Feb 05 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
i had a 1.4 8v SRi
82 bhp multi point injection...
bwbw

15th Feb 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mine seems to have fell in love with the petrol station. I put a tenner in it on sunday and ahve done just under 70miles and now it's going on to reserve. We're thinking of driving down to Alton Towers but I don't fancy taking mine, Think it'd cost too much on petrol. My mates the same he's got a Suzuki Jimny

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Info on Corsa B 22 database queries in 0.0108812 seconds