corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dreamweaver users in here please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dreamweaver users in here please
SetH

User status: Offline
13th Feb 05 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question, have finished designing the website and uploaded it, all working fine etc. However when i open the site in dreamweaver to edit it all the links/images etc have the broken links image in? thus i cannot see what i am editing, even in preview browser all links appear broken etc.

Any ideas?
linz

13th Feb 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While since i have used dreamweaver and this is just a thought but is it something to do with the file you are opening? you should have your original files/CSS templates and then the html conversion and you need to open the originals then re save them again to htmls? i really have just lost myself sorry im no use really
Drew
Banned

13th Feb 05 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the links correct, ie - pointing to the www. address, not to somewhere on your harddrive? same goes with any pictures?
Mikorsa16v

13th Feb 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the pictures are on your webspace, see where the web site is pointing to by right clicking then looking at properties
James_DT

13th Feb 05 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have the whole site on the harddrive, and are editing the files from that folder it should be fine. If you're just editing one of the pages on it's own, then it's not going to work.
Jonny P

13th Feb 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember once youve edited all your pages an images to upload them to your webspace again!
Nismo

13th Feb 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the directory that your opening the file from is the same location as the pics , or the pics point to the right location.
SetH

14th Feb 05 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for advice guys, although jozza i think your tip goes without saying m8

Nismo, yes problem was images were in a different folder. all sorted now.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dreamweaver users in here please 22 database queries in 0.0115528 seconds