corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help on removing door covers.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help on removing door covers.
Rus

User status: Offline
10th Feb 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully i'll be recieveing some colour coding door handles soon. But checking through the tutorial section, all it says about getting the door cover off is to check the haynes manual :/ i don't wanna pay £20 for that. i've tryed it myself, undoing all the screws but the handle wont budge.

could anyone give me a tutorial on how to remove the door covers?
Stu_22

10th Feb 05 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont be a tight Ar5e and but the Haynes

Take the handle off
RKS

10th Feb 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm assuming you mean the door cards as door covers,

1, There are 7 screws holding the lower door pocket on, (3 on top 4 underneath) remove these and the pocket comes down, (and disconnect the electric window swicthes on the drivers side if you have them)

2, Pull off the plastic trim in the top corner by the mirror, same with the plastic surround around the inside handle, (being cardful of wiring for the electric windows (pass side) and electric mirrors (drivers side)

3, there are 3 screws holding the door handle on, (1 in the handle and 2 underneath the plastic trim removed)

4, remove the 2 screws from the back of the door card, (by lock) and the 1 screw which was behind the plastic trim by the mirror,

5, if you have manual windows remove the window winder, there is a small circlip holding this on you may need to get a fine screwdriver to push the clip out,

6, pull off the top rubber strip at the top of the door card, and the door card will then lift up to remove,

I would really recommend buying the haynes manual though as it is really useful

[Edited on 10-02-2005 by --Rikki--]
Stu_22

10th Feb 05 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18414&item=7953697419&rd=1
Rus

10th Feb 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers rikki for your help
RKS

10th Feb 05 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries, just let me know if i missed something!! haha
Rus

17th Feb 05 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

***Help***
I need to get the door window handle off, the circular piece of plastic thats right behind the main door handle isn't attached to anything. so all i have it the doorhandle stuck to the metal pole holding it. I don't have my camera atm to show pics. I've really tryed getting the handle off by pulling stabing and prising. I went to a vauxhall dealer to ask them about it. and all they said was that if you gently prise the clip out the handle should just come off easily.

Can anyone help

[Edited on 17-02-2005 by Sig16v]
RKS

17th Feb 05 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I get home later i'll make an image showing you how the clip works

they are not easy things to get off,
Rus

17th Feb 05 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate
RichR
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best bet is to use a rag/cloth of some description and work it against the handle -foOK it too hard to put into words - but its not hard to do - theres a metal horseshoe clip under the winder arm which needs to be released - ps dont lose it - its a bitch to find on a gravel driveway
Rus

17th Feb 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that plastic clip is loss, i could cut that off and it wouldn't make any difference. I seriously pulled this handle to death. the fu*ker isn't moving. I'm temptied to saw the handle off because this is pissing me off now.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its got a metal clip underneath it - u cant see it - it needs to be released - dont know which plastic clip your reffering to - but as soon as the emtal ones undone - the handle will simply fall off
Rus

17th Feb 05 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm gonna be a cunt now, but do you have a picture by any chance? because i really can't find this metal clip
Rus

17th Feb 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, i've just cut myself again trying. There is nothing metal there. Just the plastic handle. i'll have to go to a vauxhall dealer tomorrow and get it done :/
RKS

17th Feb 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wats ur email address mate?
Rus

17th Feb 05 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd

New Poll