corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » aol are dodgy fnargers :lol:

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author aol are dodgy fnargers :lol:
Drew
Banned

User status: Offline
7th Feb 05 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got email couple weeks ago, saying i can upgrade from 1 meg to 2meg for an extra £5 per month, and i thought about it, but didnt get around to doing it.

Just got this email from them.........

Dear AOL member

We’ve got some great news to tell you. As part of our commitment to delivering the best-value broadband service in the UK, we will soon be doubling the speed of your Unlimited AOL Broadband Platinum service from its current speed up to 1Mbps to create a great new service, providing an even faster connection of up to 2Mbps. And what’s even better news is that it won’t cost you a penny extra!

feel sorry for the people who upgraded and are now paying £5 extra

[Edited on 07-02-2005 by Ian]
Russ

7th Feb 05 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, and they'll have 4mbs drew...
Drew
Banned

7th Feb 05 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, as they arn't upgrading the 2meg

just doubling the

1meg

[Edited on 07-02-2005 by Drew]
Drew
Banned

7th Feb 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The speed upgrade will take place over a six-month period, as we will only be able to upgrade a certain number of people on a daily basis, hence the lead-time of six months.

6 months
supacook2k

7th Feb 05 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
got email couple weeks ago, saying i can upgrade from 1 meg to 2meg for an extra £5 per month, and i thought about it, but didnt get around to doing it.

Dear AOL member

We’ve got some great news to tell you. As part of our commitment to delivering the best-value broadband service in the UK, we will soon be doubling the speed of your Unlimited AOL Broadband Platinum service from its current speed up to 1Mbps to create a great new service, providing an even faster connection of up to 2Mbps. And what’s even better news is that it won’t cost you a penny extra!

just got an e-mail stating the 2mb price has been dropped by £5 to £29.99 or i have the option of keeping the price at £34.99 and having free unlimted dial up access! not sure what to do yet!
Nismo

7th Feb 05 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah AOL will recharge them , we dont the same thing.

We released 2Mb for £29.99 yet our 1Mb was £34.99 so we just upgraded all 1Mb to 2Mb and dropped the price to £29.99
Drew
Banned

7th Feb 05 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by supacook2k
quote:
Originally posted by Drew

Dear AOL member

just got an e-mail stating the 2mb price has been dropped by £5 to £29.99 or i have the option of keeping the price at £34.99 and having free unlimted dial up access! not sure what to do yet!

ah right
scott d

7th Feb 05 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£29 per month for a 2MB seems a good price. I am paying just under £35 with Pipex for only 1MB.

How are AOL these days? Used to have their dialup service which I wasn't impressed with although that was years ago.
supacook2k

7th Feb 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never had a problem with aol so for me the service has been good! no download limits are the biggest advantae
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 05 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pay 29.99 for a 2.2gm line
Drew
Banned

7th Feb 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by supacook2k
i've never had a problem with aol so for me the service has been good! no download limits are the biggest advantae

yes as above

plus you do not have to start up there software no more to connect to net, which is a big bonus also

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » aol are dodgy fnargers :lol: 22 database queries in 0.0118730 seconds