corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Goy my courtesy car today (Twinport question)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Goy my courtesy car today (Twinport question)
hazey-corsa

User status: Offline
29th Jan 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just picked it up this morning, a brand new corsa 1.2 SXI twinport. They wanted to give me a hairdryer fiat seciento but I decided to upgrade for £2 a day.

Anyway its pretty nippy and I was wondering whats the deal is with the twinport? I had a quick gander under the bonnet and it looks a bit different to my old B around the inlet manifold, is the twinport anything to do with this?
Cybermonkey

29th Jan 05 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twinport is a pile of shite to be honest
hazey-corsa

29th Jan 05 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it tho?
Cybermonkey

29th Jan 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TWINPORT technology is based on variable intake control in combination with high rates of exhaust gas recirculation. That leads to significant reduction in fuel consumption and saves customers’ money. The Corsa 1.4 TWINPORT combined with a five-speed gearbox requires around 18 percent or 1.3 liters less fuel than its 1.4-liter predecessor. To cover the same distance as a fully tanked Corsa 1.4, the Corsa 1.4 TWINPORT needs about eight liters less gasoline. That means savings of around 10 Euro based on fuel costs of 1.20 Euro per liter for super unleaded.
hazey-corsa

29th Jan 05 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing exciting then oh well!
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jan 05 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think there is 5bhp difference 2
BlueCorsa

29th Jan 05 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
TWINPORT technology is based on variable intake control in combination with high rates of exhaust gas recirculation. That leads to significant reduction in fuel consumption and saves customers’ money. The Corsa 1.4 TWINPORT combined with a five-speed gearbox requires around 18 percent or 1.3 liters less fuel than its 1.4-liter predecessor. To cover the same distance as a fully tanked Corsa 1.4, the Corsa 1.4 TWINPORT needs about eight liters less gasoline. That means savings of around 10 Euro based on fuel costs of 1.20 Euro per liter for super unleaded.

PMSL Who would use Super Unleaded in a 1.4?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Goy my courtesy car today (Twinport question) 22 database queries in 0.0079520 seconds