corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Handbrake cable

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Handbrake cable
lozzd

User status: Offline
15th Jan 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my fucking corsa just gets worse and worse, more and more bad luck. grrrrrr.

just put car in the garage off the driveway, put the handbrake on and the cable snapped. handbrake flew up, brakes locked off.
how the fuck do i fix that? easy? difficult? can i do it myself?
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Thanks.
laurie.
Fraser Young

15th Jan 05 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy enough to do in an hour or two on your drive...
lozzd

15th Jan 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent. instructions anywhere? guess you gotta get under the car, woo, an hour under my car tommorrow, sounds great. just found a recall note on another post...

quote:

Recall: 3 of 4
Recall Ref: R1998/016
Exact Model:
Description: HANDBRAKE CABLE
VIN: START OF PRODUCTION TO W5068569, SOP TO W7030968 AND START OF PRODUCTION TO W1058712
Build Date: Up to July 1997
Numbers: 19500
Defect: The cable can break as the handbrake is applied. Apparently this has occurred in no more than a dozen vehicles and has not resulted in any injuries or cars going out of control.
Action: It takes about 45 minutes to fit the larger diameter and structurally improved cable and each registered owner will receive a letter advising them of the need to contact a dealer to arrange a convenient time for work to be carried out. Vauxhall will write to owners of the oldest vehicles first and are advising customers to park the car in gear or with the automatic shift lever in Park, as recommended in the owner's handbook.
Launch Date: 17 February 1998

my VIN is less than "W5068569" (its W242xxxxx) does that mean it needs this recall and i can get this done for free from vauxhall?

Thanks for your reply.
Laurie
Fraser Young

15th Jan 05 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know about the above but full instructions in the haynes corsa manual...
lozzd

15th Jan 05 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thaaaaank you. might have to go and get one from halfords tommorrow, see if i can fix it myself, kinda need the car...
but i do have breakdown cover that covers my house too so could just get em to come pick it up. but actaully have to pay then, bugger. ahhhh well, thanks for your help!

New Poll