corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brake hoses and rear springs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake hoses and rear springs
Smick

User status: Offline
13th Jan 05 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car failed MOT on saturday there because

"rear springs insecure"

"front brake hose bulging"

I have the car with a mechanic at the minute gettin the work done, he is looking £80 for the job.

Is that price about right, just seems a wee bit on the expensive side.

How much is it usually for changing brake hoses?

Cheers
PaulW

13th Jan 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

including parts??

you can get braided hoses for all 4 corners for £40 PLUS the rear spring insecure... did you just fit lowering springs?? sometimes they can come a bit loose when you jack the car up so knocks em out of alignment.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jan 05 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah springs come loose when jacked up, they cant do u for that as the car isnt jacked up when its moving is it lol, might be worthwhile attaching the ends with cable ties to stop em wobbling when jacked up
Smick

13th Jan 05 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats including the brake hoses Paul. I had just got the springs put in a couple of months ago, so I still have the originals.

Steve >> thats what I thot too mate but the MOT inspector thot different and in the end its what he says goes

So £80 isnt that bad then for the work?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brake hoses and rear springs 22 database queries in 0.0088379 seconds