corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speedlines common post! > howz about xe conversion...........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speedlines common post! > howz about xe conversion...........
corsa120

User status: Offline
10th Jan 05 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of people are saying on here how corsa 2.0 conversions are gettin very common well in fact i disagree with all who have said it, my first point is that yes xe conversions have become easier and within reach of the average person vut still would not class them as COMMON

take my situation i live in midlands area and i dont no of any corsa within 70miles radius thats has a 2.0 fitted, bare in mind its just an example

also every1 is being fooled into thinking there common because we all LOG onto corsasport everyday for at least 20mins and we say posts about it, THIS IS THE BIGGEST MISCONCEPTION TO EVERY1

RANT OVER LOL

just gonna wait for the bad reply's now
Joff

10th Jan 05 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't know of one within 70miles? What about your own C20XE'd Corsa
Chump

quote:
i dont no of any corsa within 70miles radius thats has a 2.0 fitted

me
Chump

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
You don't know of one within 70miles? What about your own C20XE'd Corsa

Fraser Young

10th Jan 05 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably true, but I know good 2 dozen corsas here with XEs, it's jus people dont go shouting ou tthey have them -rather than on here where its obvious...
Greg_M

10th Jan 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres loads, there must be 4 in lincoln, and two v6's
Chump

10th Jan 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yet Courtenay still charge around £3500 for C20XE into Corsa B
Greg_M

10th Jan 05 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chump
yet Courtenay still charge around £3500 for C20XE into Corsa B

just corsas charge 5k
corsa120

10th Jan 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apart from min joff lol u goat

i think ppl will get wrong end of what i mean though, how big is bedfordshire for arguments sake, its huge lets compare the xe'd and v6 numbers to ur run of the mill corsa's
corsa5dr

10th Jan 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty retarded really, if they charged £2k ish they would get loads more business from conversions.
Greg_M

10th Jan 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet there are some about, you just dont know of them.
Chump

10th Jan 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
Pretty retarded really, if they charged £2k ish they would get loads more business from conversions.

I guess that's why people like Lee Mitchell gets loads of work then....

[Edited on 10-01-2005 by Chump]
corsa120

no trust me i have good friends all over my area as bin college at most towns etc and they no friends who own what etc etc
Greg_M

quote:

think the idea is to price themselves above the average person, as they only really do people serious about there cars. if you get what i mean.

Thats not to say others Lee, beardy ect dont do a good job. just think courtney and regal dont want every next chav in there having a conversion
Chump

10th Jan 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still i know where i'd go for a conversion
corsa5dr

10th Jan 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure they wouldnt care one bit if they had chav's seeking conversions as long as they had the money to fork out for it. A said, people like Lee Mitchell get so much business as people are aware that it can be done a lot cheaper than 3.5k.
Most people considering an XE conversion probably seek advice on here and on MIG and probably get told that courtenay are a rip off, and are pointed to cheaper sources. If courtenay charged 2k-ish they would make more money, and at the end of the day thats what they are aiming to do

[Edited on 10-01-2005 by corsa5dr]
Joff

10th Jan 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg_M
quote:

think the idea is to price themselves above the average person, as they only really do people serious about there cars. if you get what i mean.

Thats not to say others Lee, beardy ect dont do a good job. just think courtney and regal dont want every next chav in there having a conversion

That doesn't make sense for a business to charge a premium rate to make the product exclusive, especially when the competition for carrying out the work is so fierce.
They can't lower their prices because they've famously been priced higher than others and they would anger all their existing customer base if they suddenly slashed prices.
Also, they've got overheads for running the business, sourcing new products, advertising, etc and have become accustomed to healthy profit margins - why would they want to lose all that.
Fraser Young

10th Jan 05 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg_M

If i was a business like Coutenay I would
Greg_M

10th Jan 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
That doesn't make sense for a business to charge a premium rate to make the product exclusive, especially when the competition for carrying out the work is so fierce.
They can't lower their prices because they've famously been priced higher than others and they would anger all their existing customer base if they suddenly slashed prices.
Also, they've got overheads for running the business, sourcing new products, advertising, etc and have become accustomed to healthy profit margins - why would they want to lose all that.

ask them think the saying goes ' reasuringly expensive'
corsa120

10th Jan 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OVERHEADS IS biggest reason
Chump

10th Jan 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they have staff, warehouses, etc etc etc......people like Mr Mitchell don't.....
corsa5dr

10th Jan 05 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im certain they would generate more profit and revenue to cover those overheads if they charged less for their conversions as they would get additional custom.
As for not lowering their prices due to upsetting previous conversion customers, the chances are those customers will never visit the company again unless something goes wrong, and wont even have any knowledge that they have cut prices. Even if they did, such is the way of the market; things get cheaper, i.e you wouldnt pay £200 for a PS1 nowadays but people did when they were first released (poo example, but you get the point)

[Edited on 10-01-2005 by corsa5dr]
Greg_M

10th Jan 05 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day they are still in buisness, so they are making a profit. they are not ripping people off ( ) as bad as many a company that are/have been trading so. what they do is up to them
corsa120

10th Jan 05 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do see ur point m8 its just they wont now dude although they should make it cheaper

but more profit needs to be made at these firms, and who said they will get additional custom, yes points in that direction but tables could turn
corsa5dr

10th Jan 05 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are making a profit/surviving yes but they should be trying to maximise that profit

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speedlines common post! > howz about xe conversion........... 22 database queries in 0.1855211 seconds