corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » OK so i bought my domain.........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author OK so i bought my domain.........
Korsa

User status: Offline
9th Jan 05 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a page error if you try to go to the site...

and i had this email from who i bought it off....:

Kurtis,

************.co.uk that was installed on 01/09/2005 has not yet resolved to our servers.

Please check and make sure your domain name is pointed to the following nameservers:

Primary:
ns3.i-webserver.co.uk
**.**.240.***

Secondary:
ns4.i-webserver.co.uk
**.**.240.***

We run checks on ***********.co.uk every 8 hours to see when and if it is pointing properly to our servers.

If your domain has not resolved in the next 48 hours, you may receive another email identical to this one.

This message was generated on: 01/09/2005 0802 am

what do i have to do to upload the html pages etc to the webspace..... im in deep water here well over my head....
waynep

9th Jan 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got hosting?
ed

9th Jan 05 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to go to the setup page for your domain name, or control pannel. Depends what the company you bough the doman name off called it. There will be some areas where you enter the name servers and IP addresses for the server you wish to point the doman name to (this will be under DNS settings). If these details are correct and you only registered the domain name less than 24 hours ago then there is no need to do anything. It takes 24 hours for any changes to the DNS to be activated, and 24 hours for a new domain name to become fully active.

Sorry if this isn't in English for you. It's slightly complicated...
Dom

9th Jan 05 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup your hosting with i-websolutions yea mate?

i had the same problem with my 1&1 domain name, took about 2 days to resolve properly

However, they should have given you a temp ftp address and web address...use that for time being if your really need to get your site up, otherwise just leave it a day or so mate and it will work
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Jan 05 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who did you register the domain with? they can help you change the nameserver settings of the domain to the ones you have been given.

oh and I not sure what you are trying to prove with blocking out domain of yours...

and if you give us the name server domain name but not the ip address, it isnt hard to get..

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: ns3.i-webserver.co.uk
Address: 69.93.240.146

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: ns4.i-webserver.co.uk
Address: 69.93.240.219
Joff

9th Jan 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait until your domain name is added (automatically) to DNS servers.

Once they've got a record of your domain name, the address will point to the i-webserver servers to try and resolve the name with hosting.

Unless you've been given an explicit IP address to use with the hosting, you'll have to wait for your domain name to filter through the DNS servers before you can FTP to it to upload your files.
Dom

9th Jan 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said, if your using i-websolutions for hosting they GIVE you an alternative address until it resolves to ftp to and view the webpage with!

and like i said also, it took me a few days (using 1&1 domain name, i-web for hosting) to resolve properly
Korsa

9th Jan 05 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea only done it yest so i'll give it another day to resolve...

New Poll