corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sat Nav on your mobile....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sat Nav on your mobile....
Dean_H

User status: Offline
4th Jan 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been considering buying a pda and all the bits and bobs to have sat nav / speed camera detector in my car which will cost roughtly £300 all in.

I have now seen that you can get Sat Nav for mobiles, and with bluetooth will be wirefree and i will always have a mobile on me in my pocket (dont fancie keeping a pda in my glove compartment incase i need it)

Another advantage of getting sat nav on my mobile would be that i will not need to buy a PDA, which will only cost £100-150 for sat nav in your car.

Ive heard its available for some of the top end phones, sony ericsson p800.. is it available on the k700?

Has anyone set up sat nav on your phones?
jamesw

4th Jan 05 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dno but i have a spve200 that runs windows and i can get sat nav for it, not tried yet tho, however my mate as a spv2000 which is more like a pda and its pretty good
Dean_H

4th Jan 05 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For anyone interested http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pcp/Mobile_Phone.html

It is available for quite alot of phones but not for mine Anyway my phone contract runs out end of July so i will be upgrading my phone to one of these £100ish for sat nav and a speed camera detector cant be bad
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 05 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the software for the phones will be shite and not half as flexible ie yo wont be able to add overlays and stuff such as the speed cams
Andrew

4th Jan 05 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's quite cool

Don't work on my phone either Think my Nokia 7250i is due an upgrade though

It would be good if that could do something with WAP so that you pay something like 1p a minute for the sat nav. I'm not up with phones but i'm sure it could be done
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 05 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or get tomtom and pay nothing per minute
Andrew

4th Jan 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on how often you would use it. I personally would only use it a few (more than 3, less than 20 ) times a year.
Dean_H

4th Jan 05 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
the software for the phones will be shite and not half as flexible ie yo wont be able to add overlays and stuff such as the speed cams

what about future advancements in mobile technology, i would wait a year or so just for a good mobile so i dont have to get a pda...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42391&item=5740310789&rd=1

These are practically PDA's....

BTW when ive been looking for PDA's how do you find out how much megabites it has on its hard drive, is it ROM? usually 32-64 Meg rom.... seems not alot? is that why you have to buy SDCARDS to save your work/software on etc etc????? Basically it will be just the same as the sony ericsson mobile...?

[Edited on 04-01-2005 by Dean_H]
Dean_H

4th Jan 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing steve, you know the GPS receiver, does it need to be on the dash (good reception to the satalite) or can you put it under the seat (hidden somewhere) out of praying eyes?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 05 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the dash but they are held on by a magent so u can just remove it when needed

New Poll