corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened to the Premium Member Offers forum?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What happened to the Premium Member Offers forum?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
27th Dec 04 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PainZ
Also used the current on going insurance discounts.
How much did you save Pete, a tenner?
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 04 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Never really used he premuim services BUT before they came down there should have been a post about WHY I reckon....
I've posted many times about not being happy with the scheme.
MarkW

27th Dec 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all of the above well said

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Thanks for the kind remarks from a few people about us upgrading the kernel to the latest version, upgrading the memory on the server to get rid of the 'too many connections' errors, or upgrading to the latest versions of the programming language and the database system to make the place more secure. Oh, sorry - no one noticed those, thanks

[Edited on 27-12-2004 by Ian]

and i forgot about that stuff ^
AdiSRI

27th Dec 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to agree with ian to a degree, it was a useless forum really with all the offers being out of date etc...

i pay my premium membership mainly because i like the site and the meets and am happy to pay a small contribution to keep the site going....
MarkW

27th Dec 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
have to agree with ian to a degree, it was a useless forum really with all the offers being out of date etc...

i pay my premium membership mainly because i like the site and the meets and am happy to pay a small contribution to keep the site going....

like probably most people on here - just some people are moaning bastards
AdiSRI

27th Dec 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too true, loosen up fellas, ian doesnt make u pay!!!
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 04 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not strictly true, I have moved the goalposts.

I'd question how far and if it matters, based on how the scheme was going though.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 04 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Love the feedback from admin in this post

Love the number of people telling me I'm wrong. You've had at least 35 minutes to get a reply in.

Matt H

27th Dec 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Ian

it amazes me how tight some people are over £12.50

Matt H

27th Dec 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still think its unfair about my bananacock avitar though
jr

27th Dec 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im amazed at the amount of tight moaning ppl on thsi site who are havign a go at having to pay what works out at just over £! a month to use the site
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 04 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think they're moaning over the money, the're moaning because CS image hosting doesn't compare favorably to fotki (its not designed to) and discounts are now officially not there as opposed to just outdated and unsupported.
jr

27th Dec 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well still you get my point, with what IMO is extra hassel to sort out Fotki accounts etc etc CS is worth the £, i still mananged to get money off ins quotes with CS as well, so that worht it IMO

[Edited on 27-12-2004 by jr]
Matt H

27th Dec 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Thats not strictly true, I have moved the goalposts.

typical scouser, they'll nick anything these days
Matt H

27th Dec 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the insurance discount with adrian flux is very useful imo

imagine how many people have a corsa as a 1st car (or 1st, 2nd & 3rd in my case )
insurance is very expensive & you definatly get your £12.50's worth. the image hosting is just a bonus
jr

27th Dec 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i managed to get a discount with HIC becasue of corsasport as it comes under an owners club as you pay to become a member
Marc

27th Dec 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Love the feedback from admin in this post

Love the number of people telling me I'm wrong. You've had at least 35 minutes to get a reply in.

lol, im not complaining. I was just mearly commenting

Adam_B

27th Dec 04 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
i managed to get a discount with HIC becasue of corsasport as it comes under an owners club as you pay to become a member

same here Told em about here and VSCC
Thoday

27th Dec 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no fooker has posted or been in there since 2003
PainZ

27th Dec 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your reply Ian.

I think the premium member discounts section was a good section, however like some things on the site is not managed well enough.

Take the regional organiser idea for instance..

Worked well for the first month and then everyone lost interest and didn’t bother anymore...

The premium member section was very useful and lots of bargains for the first 1-2 months, however over the last year has slowly died.

Astra sport, Mig web and even bloody Corsa-c have great contacts with big companies now and discounts really are rolling.

Maybe someone is needed to organise the discounts better, decide what the companies get out off giving discounts and also other promotions...

I don’t think Tim and Ian could do it on their own.

The premium discounts was a good idea, however needs constant attention i feel.

Its a good seller in my mind,

If someone was to buy a £200 bumper, and that same bumper was offer 20% off if you was a premium member it don’t take a rocket scientist to see that your best just paying £12.50 for the saving... + all the other benefits...

[Edited on 27-12-2004 by PainZ]
Matt H

27th Dec 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If somone was to buy a £200 bumper, and that same bumper was offer 20% off if you was a premium member it dont take a rocket scientist to see that your best just paying £12.50 for the saving...

nor would it take a rocket scientest to see that 20% off a product like a bumper would probably clear out all the profit margin & be a pointless sale

just exactly how much do people expect for £12.50

and as for the regional organiser comment - would this have anything to do with the fact that you arent a regional organiser & you want to be?
Just because we dont organise meets at McDonalds so we can bum each other over a McFlurry every weekend, doesn't really mean that the idea doesn't work

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Dec 04 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like mcflurries
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 04 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If somone was to buy a £200 bumper, and that same bumper was offer 20% off if you was a premium member it dont take a rocket scientist to see that your best just paying £12.50 for the saving... + all the other benifits...

Thats how the system was designed to work. However we have no audit trail at all says its being adhered to, discounts were being given in some cases and not others.

Be aware though, traders are still welcome to offer discounts, we just don't force people to do it now, and also don't endorse them officially, this is just big trouble.

quote:
Astra sport, Mig web and even bloody Corsa-c have great contacts with big companies now and discounts really are rolling.
Do they?

I know Matt at AS has some problems with RJ, don't know if they're involved with anyone else in anything more than an informal way. MIG have some banner ads? Corsa C? Isn't that a load of people off here calling themselves something else?

quote:
Take the regional organiser idea for instance..

I thought this thread was about our failings with regard to discounts and trading, not regards meets and events...
Matt H

27th Dec 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
I like mcflurries

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Dec 04 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harsh about Corsa C but hey

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened to the Premium Member Offers forum? 22 database queries in 0.1134429 seconds