corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » jerky accelerator

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author jerky accelerator
morrisdaboss

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everytime pressure is aplied to or released from accelerator car seems to jerk, mate said it could be driveshaft but that sounds expensive. any other ideas?
MoNkEy MaGiC

22nd Dec 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it happen when engine is at ANY temperature??
ive had a "similar" problem for ages! but only when engine is warmed up/operating temp! and only when i EASE of the accelerator to quick or suddenly not when pressing it!

the cause could be LOTS of things, ive tried... new Coolant Temperature Sensor, old airbox back on, STP fuel injector cleaner, shell optimax fuel and it still jerks, but not as bad as before

what have you done to get your Gsi upto 118BHP???
coz it looks like you still got a standard plastic inlet manifold like mine
corsa3.0v6

22nd Dec 04 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His aint the same as yours its an x16xe in his. Could be an egr fault theres that much. We really need a better description of the conditions it occurs.
morrisdaboss

23rd Dec 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 'jerkeyness' , happens all the time - its a lot worse in the lower gears, when the rpm are high.

Oh and hi monkey! you still sceptic about the bhp figures? i thought we had a chat about whats under the hood. i know what ive done to the motor and a little of what has been done before but i do know the bhp figure is sound - see it with my own eyes at power engineering. but i have heard that some garages 'bump up the figures' for customer gratification. But thanks for your concern

New Poll