corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Has anyone got...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone got...
Matt.H

User status: Offline
14th Dec 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need 2 of the blocks that hold the cams in. this is because one of the threads has stripped. They are for an x14xe. Just wondered if anyone has an old head they can strip.

Cheers
Adam-D

15th Dec 04 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 8v engine if the blocks are the same you can have these
James R

15th Dec 04 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the caps that hold in the cams are machined specifially for each head, and they are not interchangeable
Aren't the theads in the head anyways?? You'd need to get it helicoiled to fix it.
Greasemonkey

15th Dec 04 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel he might have stripped a thread in the hole for the cam cover to bolt down to, they bolt to the top of the caps on these engines, if not as j1400 said they are not interchangable and specific to the head, no 2 are the same, helicoil, or new head eeekkk
Matt.H

15th Dec 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
I feel he might have stripped a thread in the hole for the cam cover to bolt down to, they bolt to the top of the caps on these engines, if not as j1400 said they are not interchangable and specific to the head, no 2 are the same, helicoil, or new head eeekkk

This is write. tryin to torque them down to correct setting but there is no way they can take it.

So they defo need to be off a 16v?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Has anyone got... 23 database queries in 0.0098770 seconds