corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clutch problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch problem
Rob B

User status: Offline
5th Dec 04 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was driving the car today, was fine for the first 45 minutes,

basically waht happens is a depress the clutch to change gear, bring the clutch back up, and just when my foot leaves the clutch pedal ( so its not touching it ) it clicks, gear changing is the same as normal just wandering what this click was, i had a look down and it looks like a little rod going through a white piece of plastic maybe causeing this ? any one got any ideas on how to fix it . Cheers Rob
mentalasanything

5th Dec 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably the auto adjust on the clutch cable, I had this in my old car, it was only like it for a week or so, after that the clutch has worn enough for the adjuster to stay on the lower level
Rob B

5th Dec 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it looks like this rod that goes through a white piece of plastic just above the clutch pedal is this what u mean ?
starkie

6th Dec 04 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure your carpets etc arent catchin it
Rob B

6th Dec 04 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its nothing stupid, its like actually up in the clutch im pretty sure its the rod going through the plastic if some1 could look at theres for me and see if the little metal rod in the shape of a cylinder bends when the clutch is depressed or not i would appricate it. Cheers Rob
Nick A

6th Dec 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my clutch was sitting far to low, meaning all 3 pedals should be at the same hight as one another, usually off the break! my clutch had slipped about half way down and would bite if u moved it a tiny bit, took it to a local mechanic opened mi bonnet twisted a metal screw which bought up the clutch and is fine now, was crunching gears all the time b4 not good, try that. the screw is situated by the battery deep down
Rob B

6th Dec 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT i had another a look im pretty sure its this rod going thorugh the white bit of plastic, Rob
Rob B

7th Dec 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

New Poll