corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What bit are best?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What bit are best?
mark6821

User status: Offline
30th Nov 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 1.6 sport and its not been serviced for about 8 months so im doing it myself what bits are best and what oil shall i put in it ive been told castrol magnatec is this any good

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by mark6821]
Dan
Premium Member

30th Nov 04 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go 4 a full oil and filter change, and also whilst at it change your double ended super drive sensor for extra safety

that oil is pretty good also

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
mark6821

30th Nov 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the super drive sensor??
CorsAsh

30th Nov 04 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's located just under the non-return oil interchange sensor, LHS of the engine
Dan
Premium Member

30th Nov 04 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea thats t he 1 ash

CorsAsh

30th Nov 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know my corsas inside out and back to front i do
mark6821

30th Nov 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does it do
Dan
Premium Member

30th Nov 04 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it counts the rotation on the cam sprocket and turns it into a jumbled code, so that the car cannot be hot wired

AK

30th Nov 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs..... fair enough take the piss in offday, but come on!

Answering the original Q...

What bits are best? What are you talking about? Bits?

Change oil, coolant, and clean induction kit (replace element if standard induction)

Change spark plugs IF NEEDED (like for like as you know they work)

Is it time for a cambelt change? If so.... do that

bits?
3CorsaMeal

30th Nov 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel filter
cabin filter (not essentail)
oil filter
broster
Premium Member

30th Nov 04 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to vauxhall and get:
oil filter,
plugs,
10w 40 semi synthetic oil,
air filter (unless you have induction kit)
maybe a fuel filter (about £15) then give yourself 30mins to an hour to service it.

little tip, run engine for 3-5mins before and the oil will drain out better as its warmer.
PaulW

30th Nov 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CM - Cabin filter is a good thing to do this time of year - my windows used to take forever to clear up if they were misty, but since replacing it - only takes a few mins max

got mine from Halfords for £9, took about 10 mins to swap over (may take you longer)

when you get the oil & filter, they will give you as lil O-ring too (they did with me) but make sure they give you the right sort. Vaux gave me a rubber one for the sump nut, yet the one on the car was a brass one. Luckily I could resuse the brass one so no biggie!

Also, may be worth checking your coolant levels & mixture... I recently changed mine over & was a right mess! if you do do it yourself, take the cap off the header tank & drain it by removing the fan switch plug from the lower-left of the radiator. when drained, just undo the top hose from the rad/engine & flush the radiator further with some fresh water & then do the same while the top-hose is off by running water through the headertank (it will drain through the radiator again) do it until al lwater is clear, then re-atach the top hose & the bottom switch, then refil the coolant (few litres water, then about 2ltrs anti-freeze as its winter) & then topup with more water.

Oooooh also, there was no bleed-nut on my XE where haynes manual said it was, so I removed the temp sensor to bleed the system while refilling.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What bit are best? 24 database queries in 0.0133939 seconds