corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quick wiring question... swapping xe for let

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick wiring question... swapping xe for let
john h

User status: Offline
   29th Nov 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all,
i had a search and couldnt find anything.
Have a 93 corsa with c20xe, to change to an let, is there a change on the wiring in the drivers footwell? is there any additional wires to be connected, or is it identical to wiring a c20xe?
Thanks
Rileysport

29th Nov 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any extra wiring would be under the bonnet in the loom i'dve thought
Mattb

29th Nov 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need to change the entire engine loom mate, there are a few extra sensors on the let along with a vacuum pipe going to the ecu
Siberia

29th Nov 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hinchy what are you up toooo.....

cant imagine the wiring being an different to the xe but you will have to mount the intercooler and do all the pipework for that....

get an f28...... and buy an LSD for it of you will end up in a hedge

best thing to do is u2u Lee mitchell on here he has done a good few LET conversions at this stage....

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by Siberia]
Darren

29th Nov 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah hes but mileage for you
Siberia

29th Nov 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Believe me..... John has ALL the resources he needs at his own house to convert opel/vauxhauls

john h

29th Nov 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@Siberia, shes already packing an lsd the reason im thinkin of doin it, is cos its outside at the moment with the head off it, a plug dropped the electrode at the johnstown traffic lights last week, which left me stranded at the wrong end of the country for a few hours. and opel wont give me a penny even though the plug was dodgy. so thinkin fcuk it, il turbo it. do it right if im doin it at all.

was thinking the wiring was the same alright, il contact lee to get the full story on it.

the hoses/piping and water might be a bit of fun, but im up for a challenge.
Siberia

29th Nov 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john h
@Siberia, shes already packing an lsd the reason im thinkin of doin it, is cos its outside at the moment with the head off it, a plug dropped the electrode at the johnstown traffic lights last week, which left me stranded at the wrong end of the country for a few hours. and opel wont give me a penny even though the plug was dodgy. so thinkin fcuk it, il turbo it. do it right if im doin it at all.

was thinking the wiring was the same alright, il contact lee to get the full story on it.

the hoses/piping and water might be a bit of fun, but im up for a challenge.

dont forget the oil cooler

nasty about the plug is it totally screwed? anyways... didnt i say to you the first time i seen your car..... "why didnt you turbo it"

id have one tommorrow if it werent for the damned insurance

i sure you have a LET knocking around that field of yours someware

get it in on the mounts then figure were everything goes <--- thats the fun bit

john h

29th Nov 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya, the plug is totally screwed lol, but the engine isnt too bad, but its a bit of a sickener to have to do a load of work to it that wont make it faster lol.

it damaged 2 valves and left a few marks on the piston, but i have a spare head that went porous, so thats gone to V-tuning to get that sorted, so it will be back on the road in the next week or so. But lookin at it now, i really want to piss on the gt4/wrx party and theres only one way to do it. but i have a spare set of 45's that i might put on in the meantime for the crack.
Il probably go to uk in january for a cally, and put it in the "field" lol. lookin forward to 200bhp+
Siberia

29th Nov 04 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the 45's in when the head gets back! might as well do it while your have it appart

but agreed if you wanna play with the big boys you have to get a 'big toy' in there.... vroom tishhhhh

New Poll