corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number Plate Querys (MOT Experts in HERE)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Number Plate Querys (MOT Experts in HERE)
ed

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I use black screws to hold my number plate to the bumper then would it be illegal? They will be situated in the top corners of the plate and will not make the text on the plate look any different - I can't get hold of any of the yellow caps at the moment...

If the light that illuminates the numberplate shines downwards and is shining on the road would that be illegal?

Thanks
FlamingCorsa

23rd Nov 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless u have a really naggy mot tester u will have no probs mate, i know the place i go would pass that no problem, so long as the rear number plate light is white where will be no prob!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Nov 04 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally legal.
myaztecorsa

23rd Nov 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure that Vaux have used black screws on the rear of mine so you should be ok.
ed

23rd Nov 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, thanks people, so now the only problem is that the number plate is a TVR style one... They are supposedly being outlawed at the moment
cargraphics4u.com

23rd Nov 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a few hundred yellow caps spare, give me a shout if you get stuck and I'll post some to you.
ed

23rd Nov 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have asked for some really when I ordered it... Looks good though, thanks
J100RSA

23rd Nov 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Totally legal.

agreed as long as u dont distort the letters and is of legal font (charles font) and is of a suitable size with correct spacing it dont matted how u fit on ur plates

as for tvr plate if its illuminated there is no problem @ all who ever told u that they are illegal dont no what there going onabout

[Edited on 23-11-2004 by J100RSA]
ed

23rd Nov 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so totally legal then. Didn't go for a gay font or silly spacing/size... Now the slight problem of my 60mm lowering springs and stock shocks... Might need to change them back after Max Live until I get my Konis
mike16v

23rd Nov 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed what have u used to light the plate from behind? just the standard light?
ed

23rd Nov 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cut a hole through the rear bumper the height and width of the letters in the numberplate to make a letter box... I then used a pair of 30 watt household halogen bulbs to illuminate the hole, looking at it though I think I should have used a pair of 15 watt bulbs because the 30 watt set up is very bright - I think I need to add some resistance to the cicuit, not usre yet til I compare it to another cars setup.
mike16v

23rd Nov 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a job i need to do before friday dinnertime, providing my plate arrives on fri morning, if not, i'll speak to u bout it at max
ed

23rd Nov 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can even have a look
mike16v

23rd Nov 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im honoured, i'll probably end up wiring it up when i get there on the friday

cheers matey
bradfincham

24th Nov 04 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im contemplating doing this, tvr want £70 for the lighting frame and i wasnt keen on cutting hole in bumper with lights behind as if muck gets in there will look gash! so keeping how is now

my lights shine straight to the floor not the plate at all so dnt worry mate!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number Plate Querys (MOT Experts in HERE) 22 database queries in 0.0139310 seconds