corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaned my ICV and all the inlet now but car still idles at 1900rpm when its hot. what could this be?

could the velos/uni chip cause this?
topshot_2k
Banned

22nd Nov 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone
Rileysport

22nd Nov 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolant temperature sensor blue end plug on it, has two pins and costs about 20 quid new from vauxhall
Greasemonkey

22nd Nov 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check ya aint got a leak around ya inlet manifold, spray WD40 around al gaskets on the inlet side, if revs change while spraing in a certain area you found ya problem, an air leak
broster
Premium Member

22nd Nov 04 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be the coolant temp sersor will it, even on cold the engine ticks over at 1500 not 1900? or am i wrong?
broster
Premium Member

22nd Nov 04 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

greasy if it was an air leak it would rev to the limiter, i left a screw out o nthe inlet once and it just reved like a bitch
Greasemonkey

22nd Nov 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah it wont man, i had a hole in my inlet the size of 2 50p pieces and it used to rev ok some times and not others, just depends what side of the throttle body its on, if its before it it can cause these symptons
topshot_2k
Banned

25th Nov 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had alook an found a small hole bout 4mm in diameter after air flow sensor jsut before tb, could this be it? its on the air inlet pipe. would all the vacuum pipes etc on the inlet cause it if they plumbed in wrong? coz i had no manual to do it so used standard layout as much as possible

and yea it revs bout 1500 after bout 5mins when cold and upto 2000rpm when its hot an im waiting at lights etc. makes me look like im racing everyone or just passed my test. lol.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help 23 database queries in 0.0101440 seconds