corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1 sub and amp boot build ideas

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1 sub and amp boot build ideas
sigibbons

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a crappy 12" 450w sub ive had for a while and is sitting in bedrrom so decided i may aswell use it so need ideas on what amp to run it bearing in mind i will want to stick a decent sub in once i can afford it so would need to be able to power that.

Also need ideas for a tidy whole boot install with one 12" sub and amp but needing room for a tool box as that has to go in there when im workin.

So any help is much appreciated, Thanks
Ben
Banned

21st Nov 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant u put ur tool box on ur rear seat>
myaztecorsa

21st Nov 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sigibbons
Ive got a crappy 12" 450w sub ive had for a while and is sitting in bedrrom so decided i may aswell use it so need ideas on what amp to run it bearing in mind i will want to stick a decent sub in once i can afford it so would need to be able to power that.

Also need ideas for a tidy whole boot install with one 12" sub and amp but needing room for a tool box as that has to go in there when im workin.

So any help is much appreciated, Thanks

Do you want an amp to run front speakers too or just a sub?

If just a sub then this is a cracking amp - http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3518&osCsid=c17e45968397fb77deadc55bb7b4040a

Tidy install - you could put the sub and box in your wheel well and then mount the amp next to it with a false floor covering it all. You could then put a perspex window over the amp with a neon behind for a bit of lighting and then get some sort of protective grille to cover the sub.

Would look nice and tidy then and you would still have your whole boot. (no spare wheel though - you would need to buy some tyre weld)
sigibbons

21st Nov 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im choppong out about half the depth of my wheel well for a quad exit exhaust this weekend so the sub would probably just about fit depth wise but what is a very rough idea of space a 12" sub requires?

So i could have a totaly flat boot but with the sub central in the wheel well and the amp one side under a window and maybe the sub too. then cover with acantra?

Thanks guys.

p.s. dont really want to put tools on back seat as usually quite dusty (being a chippy) and dirty.
sigibbons

21st Nov 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also would want the front speakers amped so yeah a amp that would do coaxal fronts and 6x9 rears would be good? Would that be a 4 channel amp?

OR maybee 2 amps?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1 sub and amp boot build ideas 22 database queries in 0.0104542 seconds