corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Driveshafts too long cant get centre cap on please help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driveshafts too long cant get centre cap on please help
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
20th Nov 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right this is doign my head in I cant get my 2 front centre caps on because the driveshafts or whatever they are that come out are too long which means the centre caps simply will not fit, what the hell can I do, the only thing I can think of is cutting them so they do fit will this cause any inconvenience later wil the thread be ojk or will I weaken it I have no idea what to do someone must of been through this before me surely please help many thanks Paul...
Adam_B

20th Nov 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive cut mine off as had the same problem. only other solution is wheel spacers which are more hassle than there worth really. Hack saw/angle grinder time
myke

20th Nov 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drill o hole slightly larger than the diameter of the cv thread in the centre of the cap. if you're bothered about having the badges on top, then i'm sure you could get some suitably sized washers to space the badge out.
Karnage Corsa

20th Nov 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps I like angle grinders ha ha

thats one problem sorted out
myke

20th Nov 04 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd be concerned about wether you'd get the retaining nut back on straight if you cut it short, because the thread on the stud is very tight/close.
Karnage Corsa

20th Nov 04 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what I was thinking btu surely if u make a decent enough job it will not be a problem I will see my gaffer about doing it anyway
myke

20th Nov 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just make sure that the cut is straight and square to the stud.

if you do it on the piss slightly then it'll be a nightmare next time you need to get the nut on.
Karnage Corsa

20th Nov 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think I really only need to take off a good 6-7mm really which aint a lot but sufficient to get the centre caps on which just finnishes the rims right off thanks for al the help chaps I will give it a go tomorrow I think if its not too cold just spent liek 2 hours getting rims off and on again with others absolute nightmare in this cold weather with hardly and light too

New Poll