corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Warm Air Why ? UPDATED HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Warm Air Why ? UPDATED HELP
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
20th Nov 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A week and a half ago I had my head gasket fixed on my valver back then I had no heating whatsoever but now I have warm air, warm air which is no bloody good at all, drove a 220 mile round trip today and I was that cold I had to wear a coat and a hat now thats not right what the hell is wrong ?

The car drives perfectly maybe idles slightly wrong but drives the best it ever has done since I have owned it water is ok oil is ok I cant think of anything please help Regards paul...

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by Karnage Corsa]
Adam_B

20th Nov 04 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who did the head gasket?

probably put a hose on wrong or something. Take it back to whoever did the gasket
Karnage Corsa

20th Nov 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My gaffer did it mate and he really knows what hes doing thats what I dont understand could there be no other explanation I cant go on with it like this freezing my bollo@ks off
Adam_B

20th Nov 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno then sorry. its worth checking tho imo
myke

20th Nov 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be thermostat stuck open?
what does the gauge read up to?
Karnage Corsa

20th Nov 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if by that you mean the temp gauge on the right of the speedo it reads just under 90 which I though was maybe a tad low actually mate, thought it was usually on or around 92-93 usually the fan kicks in around 95ish
myke

20th Nov 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should run between 92 and 96 i think.
it could be that your thermostat is stuck open.
could also be that the matrix pipes are round the wrong way like Adam says. you'll only need to pull the header tank forward to get a look at them. two 10mm nuts.
Karnage Corsa

20th Nov 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will give that a go then tomorrow mate thanks a lot if the thermostat is stuck open what will I have to do exactly ? I think I have a brand nerw one in my drawer with somethign else that goes with it or is it a simple case of closing it somehow, I know when my head gasket went there was a hell of a lot of steam and the engine was really hopt maybe this caused it to stay open really dont know
myke

20th Nov 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is stuck open then it'll be fucked and need replacing.
if you have a new one spare anyway, then swapping them over to try wont hurt your wallet anyway.
it's onlt three bolts once you've got the hose off. can't go wrong really.
Mistamist

20th Nov 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolant system may just need bleeding as you might have a huge airlock around the heater matrix area.
Karnage Corsa

21st Nov 04 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how exactly do I do this I would look in my haynes but I have kleft it at work and with the weatehr being as it is lately I would rather try and get it knocked off today
Karnage Corsa

21st Nov 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right I need help please peopleI have flushed the system and changed the thermostat hopefully the correct way, I have dismantled the expansion bottle and can now see the pipes hopefully you will understand me

The left pipe which runs from the rear of the engine goes to the right hand side of the two pipes that go into the car and the right hand pipe which is a big thich one runs from the right hand side of the engine to the back of the engine and then into the left hand side of the two pipes and then into the car

it looks right to me maybe the way the pipes are situated I dont know could anyone help me out please many thanks Paul...
corsa_jim

21st Nov 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been tryin to rase you on msn mate with no joy by the sounds of it your heater matrix has an air lock in it you gota pull the pipe off the matrix that gos in the bulkhead and blow it out with an air line probs need it in a garage or sum1 with a compressor then refill the coolin system with the heater on full blast on the hot setting

Jim
give it a try n let me know how you com on
Richie

21st Nov 04 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye its defo an airlock, i had the same problem. All i did was take the cap off the expansion tank, started engine, put heaters on hot + on full blast, and left it for aboot half hour.

All was lurvley and hot then
Mistamist

21st Nov 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really need to turn the fans on, just make sure the matrix valve (temperature) switch is fully open allowing the water to pass through, gotta leave the car running till the fan opperates a few times, then when finished let it cool down, and top up the coolant to the cold line, heaters should work fine then. if they dont then the matrix is probably blocked up with shit, so you could take it out and flush it in the same way you flush the rad

New Poll