corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » custom chips????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author custom chips????
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
20th Nov 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been looking at different chips since fitting a mantzel box to my x16xe corsa. the options i have had so far are:

superchips-(not too impressed by other posts about them on here)
OR:
unichips- (seems the best option)

until now, ive been looking for a unichip dealer in the north east- with no luck.

UNTIL: a local rolling road place has offered me a custom chip that replaces the original one with a map that is made specially for my car. not having heared of hese before im a bit unsure whether to get it. anyone know anyhing about these custom chips? any benefits over a unichip?

thanks for the help all
Joff

20th Nov 04 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a Unichip equivalent, find out if they've got a brand name for the chip and then come back to us.

Could be something like a Star chip perhaps
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Nov 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not the same as a unichip as its not a piggyback chip. it actually replaces the original eprom (chip). they plug a blank chip in and then run the car on a rolling road and read the ecu using a laptop. then when they feel the fuelling and other settings are right they write these new settings to the blank chip......well thats wot they told me
doesnt have a brand name as they designed it themselves.
Joff

20th Nov 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, depends on how good you think this local rolling road is then really... if they're making their own DIY chips and engine management then you take the risk of whether it's any good or not.

New Poll