corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not my day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not my day
welshdude

User status: Offline
   16th Nov 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my car to my local ICE dealer today to have an alpine sub and amp fitted along with 2 sunvisor screens and a new slim ps2.

I told them that the new ps2 runs of 8.5v so there's no need for an invertor. They tried to make an 8.5v adaptor but failed so they decided to see if it would run off 12v power guess what, they fried the ps2 They are replacing it though.

And secondly the amp they were gonna fit had a fault so they had to loan me a less powerful amp so that they didn't piss me off to much

Steve
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Nov 04 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you don't mean 12v car power without regulation? Thats more than 14 when the car is running and car vary wildly going far less than 12 under load.

If you really want 12v inside a car you have to have a regulator which just stabilises the voltage and keeps it right.
welshdude

16th Nov 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didn't run it off a car battery, they said they had a device thats lets them select different voltages.

When they tried to connect it to the mains supply using the power cable the ps2 came with it didn't power up. They should know better
Nismo

16th Nov 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad day , dont worry when i had my Concept 600 fitted they cracked my dial surround costing them £375 for a peice of plastic

took 16 weeks to come from Japan though
welshdude

16th Nov 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
bad day , dont worry when i had my Concept 600 fitted they cracked my dial surround costing them £375 for a peice of plastic

took 16 weeks to come from Japan though

Ouch, guess there aren't to many rx 7's in scrappies then
Nismo

16th Nov 04 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they took it out the guys wages , i was no tthe flavour of the month with him
welshdude

17th Nov 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats harsh taking it out of his wages
welshdude

17th Nov 04 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTTT

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not my day 22 database queries in 0.0130141 seconds