corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Shitty Vauxhall Service.. And Corsa Prob

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shitty Vauxhall Service.. And Corsa Prob
Corsa_A1

User status: Offline
11th Nov 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

Well where do i start!

Bought my 1.7 SRi TDCI Corsa off a dealer with 5500 miles on it! and paid a high price too btw!

Then i drive it back, and the car seems like it needs tracking! and veers very slighty to the left when moving and also veering when i av no hands on the wheel movin!

Well, i thought nevermind, ill get it done on the warranty.. (which is wrong i think now!)

2nd day i had it, i slighty curbed my alloy! (and i mean this was SLIGHT Marking!)

Then after that, the friggin gearknob came off! i mean off completley!

Therefore took it to lookers to get it looked at.

Now the shitty vauxhall part comes in! It took em 2 hours to stick my gearknob on, and then they said they couldnt look at the veering because they didnt av the staff, and would have to be re-booked! so i made a fuss, and then they said - you damaged your wheel which is causing the veering! i mean fucks sake i kurbed at 1 mph! They stated they wouldnt do it for free and something may have been damaged, and it may have been in an RTA or something! Then i took the car to be tracked, as vauxhall wouldnt do it, and yup it was 2mil out - which has been sorted - but not fixed the veering! (I even paid out of my pocket to get it tracked and a full wheel inspection - of which vauxhall wanted my money also)

I mean what d fuck !? The car has never had an accident, and the veering i had before i kurbed the car! Now i dont know what to do, the service is shit and they will charge me for doing work on it, and giving me bullshit left right and centre

what do i do? im well let down with shitty know-it-all vauxhall mechanics!
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Nov 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate vauxhall are shit, i bought my sport 1.4 16v with 2yrs used car warranty. i asked them to change cambelt and they said they had done it when it came in. 9000miles later thing snapped so went back to them and they looked on system but NO CAMBELT CHANGE.

so they refused to pay out for repairs and then charged me to tow it home.

basically the sals guy fucking lied to me.

twats
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Nov 04 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh, and youll find it hard to get them to pay out, they will just blame you for 'your kerbing'

pay for it yourself mate, wont cost much but thats about all you can do
1600power

11th Nov 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
mate vauxhall are shit, i bought my sport 1.4 16v with 2yrs used car warranty. i asked them to change cambelt and they said they had done it when it came in. 9000miles later thing snapped so went back to them and they looked on system but NO CAMBELT CHANGE.

so they refused to pay out for repairs and then charged me to tow it home.

basically the sals guy fucking lied to me.

twats

thats disgusting m8, i would have been on2 watchdog off the telly! bit of that bloke and that other woman wud have got me sorted out and vauxhall anally raped!
Corsa_A1

11th Nov 04 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh they did blame this veering on the kerbing!

it amazed me, how they didnt look at it, but they know thats what caused the problem.

either they are physic or just lazy money grabbin fuckers
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Nov 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mate others said that but they have so many get out clauses like 'well the sales man who sold you the car no longer works for vauxhall so we cant verify what the agreement was'

think if my old engine (got a 1.6 fitted now) is no good i might go up one night and dump it on the forecourt with a letter.

by the way it was Wgrose at Queens park parade in northants. aviod like the plague

ohh and by the way they wanted 30quid to inspect if cambelt had sanpped and what needed repairing. all they did was lift bonnet remove cambelt cover. inspection over , apparently needs cylinder head etc total cost ---£1600

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by topshot_2k]
Matt.H

11th Nov 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never taken mine to vaux and never will from some of the syories i've heard. Mine is regularly serviced and book stamped but sod the vaux service history. Means nothin.
broster
Premium Member

11th Nov 04 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine went to vauxhall once, and that was for a cam belt change, had it 2.5years now and done all servicing myself etc. runs well!
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Nov 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive learnt, allways service it myself now and change cambelt on any new car regardless if they say its been done.
broster
Premium Member

11th Nov 04 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats the only reason mine went to vauxhall, was for the cambelt 3weeks afetr i bought the car, had the money knocked off the price of the car too
Matt.H

11th Nov 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i bought mine it had a QH belt on...when i replaced it it had only done 6000 miles and was very close to snapping! Also done by vaux. probably didn't change the pulleys.
Corsa_A1

11th Nov 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well does anyone know, what my problem might be?
Because i know they will try and sell me shit.
Greg_M

11th Nov 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its nothing to do with vauxhall its the individual dealers, if there run buy pikeys, then you'll get a rubbish service.

vauxhall services aint shit, they use the best parts for your ar, original Gm ones.

my vauxhall dealer is the best around, and i wouldnt go anywhere else

New Poll