corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help
N90ATH

User status: Offline
10th Nov 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its the wrong section but how can i wire two neons up 2 a switch?
the diagram show the switch and neons so how would i wire them up?

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by Nath1985]
3CorsaMeal

10th Nov 04 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe?
LukeGSi

10th Nov 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

N90ATH

10th Nov 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol v funny , ne1 got a valid input?
3CorsaMeal

10th Nov 04 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flamingcorsa must have some clue, he wired up 65ft of neons
Siberia

10th Nov 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

maybe?

3CorsaMeal

10th Nov 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NEONS CONNECTED TO A SWITCH

Connecting neons to a seperate switch can be dificult if you haven't had some sort of experience with electronics before.

Cut the cigaretter lighter adapter plug off the end of the neon wires. You need to get an apropriate switch with at least 2 prongs ont eh back to solder teh wires to. Once again you need to find a power source. as mentioned above i recommend the power wire from the cigaretter lighter. Splice into it and run a wire from there up to your switch to where ever you decide to place it. On one side of the switch (doesn't matter what side) You need to solder this power wire to which ever prong you like. Also put heat shrink around this wire/prong to protect bare wires.

Then get the power wire of the neons and run it to the otehr side of the switch. To save wire blukage at the rear of your switch join another single wire onto the current neon power wires if you are running more then one neon. Run the wire to the other side of the switch, wolder it and cover it over with heat shrink. That part of it is now done. You can now put the switch into its permenant position as it doesn't need to come out again.

Then get the remaining earth wires on the neons and run them to a near by earth point on the body. put the apropriate connector on it and conect to body.

Then switch the ignition onto acessories again and flick the switch and the neons will turn on.

This method is recommended for all installations.
Dom

10th Nov 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need a relay if they are neons as they drawn alot of power etc etc ask richie about this though mate as he know his stuff like i know McD burgers

but it would be simply - battery + ground to switch. battery (thicker cable and bigger fuse) + ground to relay. Acc from switch to relay input (ping 45 i believe) and then from relay to neons, neons to ground
Ojc

10th Nov 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

maybe?

This man needs an award
Wayne

10th Nov 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

_Allan_

10th Nov 04 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
This man needs an award

He's got several....all Darwin ones I'm afraid
Siberia

10th Nov 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is how id do it...

Caution! car may go on fire
3CorsaMeal

10th Nov 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here's how i did it:
start by figuring out where you want your switch. run a ground wire to that switch. the ground wire can pretty much connect to any metal part in the car and it'll work. i just ran mine straight off my battery (negative side of course). connect the ground wire to the part on the switch that says "ground" (duh). then run all the wires from the neons up to the switch. if there's a cigarette adapter, cut it off. the way the neon wires are, there's two wires connected together. split those apart so they're seperate. connect the wire WITH THE STRIPE to the part on the switch that says ACC. do this with all of the neons. then connect the wire WITHOUT THE STRIPE to the "Ground" part. so right now you should have a bunch of wires connected to the "Ground" and ACC parts of the switch and none to the "Power" part. last thing you have to do is run a power wire. cut a piece of wire that's long enough and strip about 1/2" off the end. open your fuse box and find the fuse for your cigarette lighter (should be 20 amp). pull the fuse and then stick the wire over the opening. slide the fuse back in so the wire is between the fuse and the port. then run that wire back to the switch and connect it to the "ACC" part of the switch. turn the key and if all goes well your car will light up.

i'd recommend soldering all connections if you have access to a soldering iron

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help 22 database queries in 0.0330141 seconds