corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » alloys refurb in chrome or polished?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alloys refurb in chrome or polished?
hitman2k

User status: Offline
8th Nov 04 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got shadow chrome alloy can i get them refurb in full chrome or polished? how much 17s?
Jambo

8th Nov 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

polish them!! Much more classy!

IIRC its about £300+
ed

8th Nov 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polishing is something you can DIY if you buy the right tools, basically you got to strip the paint and gradually sand down the alloy until you get to a very fine grade of paper, then you can polish the rim up with some polishing compound. I would then have the wheel laqured to prevent any of thet white oxidation fucking the wheel's finish up as you get a lota salt on the roads.

Chroming wheels is pretty expensive for the same reason, you can't just chrome a wheel and leave it otherwise the finish will peel off.

I'd say your best bet is to look in the yellow pages for metal finishers and see if anyone is familiar with the techniques used for wheel finishing, becase I'd imagine specilst wheel finishers will be a bit of a rip off...
hitman2k

8th Nov 04 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like i got wenesday booked then

just had gradient tints on the car looks 100x betta finally getting the chrome bars in the bumper when i have it repaired on friday and ordering bonnet 2mrw from midas styling curved badboy first one for the c n exhaust next week friday was meant to have been friday gone but guess it will be worth the wait!

[Edited on 08-11-2004 by hitman2k]
Go3asy

8th Nov 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite like what iaz has done with the kind of smoked chrome spokes and rim but with the middle section bit silver

that can be done at any powder coating place or bodshop!!

the wheels are masitaly vt5 17" ,

they will be on this car, same as pics below, but will soon be dropped 60 at the front(as the back is 80) and smoked headlights with b/b bonnet, plus irmsher spoiler and dtm style mirrors sitting here ready to be sprayed up and fitted, will also have c/c handles , arches are staying black!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » alloys refurb in chrome or polished? 22 database queries in 0.0171442 seconds