corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Plasma TV Bought today :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Plasma TV Bought today :D
Tiesto

User status: Offline
6th Nov 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New 42" Plasma Hyundai HP4200 (Yes i know its Hyundai but i got a really good deal on it so not worried about make)

Couldnt get it there and then as they dont allow people to take them away form shops just in case they damage them so gotta wait till friday to get it, picture quality looked amazing, and plus can use as my computer screen .

Its abit different to the picture, its got the speakers attatched on either side, and its got a dark alluminium finish to it.

And while i was there got the new Logitech MX1000, the worlds first laser mouse - 20 times more sensitive than a optical mouse.

All in all it was a good day .

[Edited on 06-11-2004 by Corsa_1.0]
Dean_H

6th Nov 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice, how much did u pay for it
Dean_H

6th Nov 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and how much are them lazer mice, nosy aint i
Tiesto

6th Nov 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got TV for 999 , and the mouse cost me £60.
MarkW

6th Nov 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_1.0
Got TV for 999 , and the mouse cost me £60.

there only supposed to be £45.00 new
Adam-D

6th Nov 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool tv
Dom

6th Nov 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good price for the plasma mate
where you get it from though mate? i might go and have a butchers, see if the rents fancy buying one for xmas

although the laser mouse is overpriced, can get them for 50 quid and below on the net - there good though, but ive yet to notice any real difference between optical and laser though
Tiesto

6th Nov 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye didnt really notice price for the mouse just bought it with tele at same time, and it seems more accurate than my optical one before, and abit quicker too.

Dom

6th Nov 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_1.0
aye didnt really notice price for the mouse just bought it with tele at same time, and it seems more accurate than my optical one before, and abit quicker too.

yea, they've been getting good reviews, but then again i tested one on a cornflake packet mouse mate, so

anyways lad, where did you get the plasma from? did a search for one and there about 1600 new, so you got it for a fooking bargin mate so let us in on how you achieved such a bargin my rents are pretty interested as it would fill the gap above our fire place, plus it would stop a massive photo of me when i was about 6 (wearing green trouser braces and a dodgy shirt) going there
Andrew

6th Nov 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please buy me one
Jordinho Careca

6th Nov 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you tell that to VT then as he bought a 48incher for nearly 4 grand
Dom

6th Nov 04 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid
Could you tell that to VT then as he bought a 48incher for nearly 4 grand

unless it was something like a pioneer or he brought it a few years ago, then

my bro about a year ago picked up a 60 inch NEC for under that

oh wells, this is still a bloody bargin, although im still curious to know what the quality is like, as ive yet been able to find any reviews on the HP4200
but then again, it horses for courses and if you spend serious cash on a plasma you will get something that will blow your socks off - but then again, 9k for a pioneer screen is abit expensive
nickyboy01

6th Nov 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need to worry about the make of them as theres only 2 manufacturers who produce the screens for the relavent big names.
Dom

6th Nov 04 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
You dont need to worry about the make of them as theres only 2 manufacturers who produce the screens for the relavent big names.

if this was the case then the picture of my bros NEC would be similar to that of my mates 9k pioneer and i can tell you now, that there is a huuuuuuge difference.

Although i dont know where you got the 2 manufacturers of screens from considering there is Matsushita, NEC, Fujitsu/Hitachi who have their own plants. And there are a few more than that
Plus its not just the screens that make the picture, its the controller boards as well, hence why there is a difference between a cheap plasma and a decent plasma etc

However, there are alot of rebadged gear like NEC plasmas are OEM versions of Marantz, Toshiba = Panasonic's, Sharp = Pioneer and Philips = Fuji/Hitachi etc But obviously they use difference internals and controller boards.
nickyboy01

6th Nov 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This i was told by someone who supplies them for events/pubs/bars etc.

Dom

7th Nov 04 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
This i was told by someone who supplies them for events/pubs/bars etc.

to a certain degree its true, considering there is only about 5 plasma plants, but unlike CRTs/Tubes alot more is involved with the circuitry surrounding the plasma screen, and this is what makes majority of the image you seen - as different manufactures have different methods of processing visual imagery etc.

however, i would never spend 9k on a plasma though Rather spend that on a CRT projector and screen and get a nice 150" screen which would be of similar quality
Dan B

7th Nov 04 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have saved you some money on the mouse (linky), but I guess when you've just bought a 42" plasma-screen, £15 is neither here nor there!

Not too sure I'm keen on the MX1000, to be honest, it looks a little on the chunky-side although the accuracy-improvement would be useful!

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by Dan B]
Tiesto

24th Nov 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Avoid this screen like the plague, the picture quality through DVD is awful - Solarization like crazy, sometimes cant make out whats going on. Luckily i had the option of returning it if i didnt like it so i gladly took it up.

Spending that little extra to get the new DLP Rear Projection screens which eliminate screen-burn completely as i play xbox quite abit and there usually static images in a period for a while. PLus picture quality is comparable if better than top of the range plasmas.

Thought id let people know if they wanted to buy a cheap plasma, they seem to be the same after looking on here www.avsforums.com.
Colin

24th Nov 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice I have a 42" Philips plasma

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Plasma TV Bought today :D 22 database queries in 0.0147269 seconds