corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I.C.E Update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I.C.E Update
Matty L

User status: Offline
   31st Oct 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both indoor handles have been colour coded.I've installed some infinity component speakers, amp, and sub with box.Components where a bit of a pain to install, but i got there in the end.
The tweeter holder on both sides is gonna need another paint job though which wont take long.Overall i'm quite happy with it all

[Edited on 31-10-2004 by Matty Lee18]
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate but i would have buried the crossovers inside thee foam behind the door card this is what i did and makes it alot cleaner looking

i would also recoomend that you drop the comps -3dB on the tweeters as ive found them abit tinny otherwise.

but it looks good mate btw, the amp powering the sub and the comps are running off the HU?
Matty L

31st Oct 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
looks good mate but i would have buried the crossovers inside thee foam behind the door card this is what i did and makes it alot cleaner looking

i would also recoomend that you drop the comps -3dB on the tweeters as ive found them abit tinny otherwise.

but it looks good mate btw, the amp powering the sub and the comps are running off the HU?

thanks man

I did origanaly have the crosover under the trim, but i decided to show off the crossover instead....plus it was causing a few problems with the window handle when i had it under the trim.

The infinity amp is running the pioneer sub...the components off the h/u.

How do i go about using the -3db? I've read the instructions but dont quite understand it.

[Edited on 31-10-2004 by Matty Lee18]
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from memory mate, instead of wiring the tweeters positive to the normal + terminal on the crossover, wire the tweeters positive to the -3dB positive terminal on the crossover

double check that mate, as i cant remember if the -3dB terminal on the crossover is a positive connection or a negative connection. If its negative, them obviously you wiring the tweeters negative connection to the -3dB terminal instead etc etc
Matty L

31st Oct 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
from memory mate, instead of wiring the tweeters positive to the normal + terminal on the crossover, wire the tweeters positive to the -3dB positive terminal on the crossover

double check that mate, as i cant remember if the -3dB terminal on the crossover is a positive connection or a negative connection. If its negative, them obviously you wiring the tweeters negative connection to the -3dB terminal instead etc etc

thanks mate
Richie

1st Nov 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The terminal is a positive connection on -3dB. Its a good idea to do this as i find em a bit to tinny without using it.

New Poll