corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gsi engine queries

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gsi engine queries
pollocks

User status: Offline
31st Oct 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right firstly am thinkin of gettin a gsi 1.6 16v corsa b few questions on this though:

Does a company out there do recondtioned engines for these if so what sort of price am i looking??

Also whats the most powerful N/A 1.6 out there? 170bhp should be doable on tb's really i would have thought

What sort of tunin offers what power figures tell me what u got and what power u got and also a 1/4 mile time if u have one regards Ben
Robin
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a sport
the engine is better, and there are more tuning bits available for it
pollocks

31st Oct 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't want a sport thou i want a gsi lol sports are too much for what they are imo as gsi's are less generally
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

het the c16xe gsi, better engine than the sport. also they look nicer than the sport! there is a 214bhp 1.6 16v on there, dudes called Andy, its a monster spec! few around 140-160bhp and a few between 160-180bhp, throttle bodies are the way forward
pollocks

31st Oct 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sor of mods will i need to get to about 160bhp ?? all help much aprciated

and also i can't see in the archive were aobuts the brakes topics are as there hidden to me lol but whats the popular brake upgrades and what wheel size do u have to put over the brakes minimum ?? all help much apreciated

oh final thing lol is how do u tell what engine it is, is it wrote on the engine etc anywhere?
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look in here......
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/garage.php?action=usergarage&owner=broster&fullspec=652
scroll down and look at my spec, its just about 140bhp..... and i use v6 veccy brakes..
pollocks

31st Oct 04 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do 15's fit over the veccy brakes or you need bigger? as i like small wheels personally
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep 15's just fit over them
pollocks

31st Oct 04 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster -- sorry mate but i click full details for your engine and it don't do owt is there somet am doin wrong lol
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill paste it up hang on
pollocks

31st Oct 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orite cheers
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine Mods: Polished rocker cover, stainless plug cover, Piper stainless de-cat, Magnecore ht leads, PiperX Viper induction kit, Lexmaul inlet manifold, Ecotek Valve, BFO cat back system, Bonnet lifters, custom map with raised limit to 7kish, Supersprint stainless 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, ported polished head, kent fast road cams, fse boost valve Brakes; 288mm v6 brakes with black diamond combo discs and ebc green stuff pads
ed

31st Oct 04 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pollocks
do 15's fit over the veccy brakes or you need bigger? as i like small wheels personally

Depends on the wheels, some do, some don't.
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
quote:

Depends on the wheels, some do, some don't.

the ones it wont fit over can be sorted by grinding the caliper away a bit or fitting some 3mm spacers
pollocks

31st Oct 04 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds mint mate roughly what did all that lot cost u ?? cheeky i know lol
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine work cost a bit. about 2500 for whats been done, thats just the cost of the parts.
pollocks

31st Oct 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orite nicely i wanna keep the 1.6 tbh and not bother with a 2ltr as its not my thing really

how do u identify the diffrent engines in the gsi's ?? anyone
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the c16xe has vauxhall written o nthe cam cover and a black inlet manifold and the x16xe has ecotec on the cover and a silver inlet
Siberia

31st Oct 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
het the c16xe gsi, better engine than the sport. also they look nicer than the sport! there is a 214bhp 1.6 16v on there, dudes called Andy, its a monster spec! few around 140-160bhp and a few between 160-180bhp, throttle bodies are the way forward

could be wrong but i think his engine is a x16xe....
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 07:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
quote:
Originally posted by broster

could be wrong but i think his engine is a x16xe....

who's andys?
Siberia

1st Nov 04 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh....
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could well be, but i doubt theres much left of an original engine in there lol!
Siberia

1st Nov 04 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it is have a Read...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=145642

but you are right id say the only thing that is original is the block itself....
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed u are correct
Cybermonkey

1st Nov 04 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
right firstly am thinkin of gettin a gsi 1.6 16v corsa b few questions on this though:

Does a company out there do recondtioned engines for these if so what sort of price am i looking??

Also whats the most powerful N/A 1.6 out there? 170bhp should be doable on tb's really i would have thought

What sort of tunin offers what power figures tell me what u got and what power u got and also a 1/4 mile time if u have one regards Ben

Its not impossible to get 250bhp from this engine naturally aspirated, with a 10,000RPM rev limit too. Should see a sub 5 second 0-60 and a very light wallet.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll