corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what subs best?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what subs best?
sim0ng

User status: Offline
31st Oct 04 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought a Fusion Jonah Lomu 1250w RMS Amplifier and am wondering if anybody has any siggestions on what sub is best.... considering buying 2 JBL GTO 1000 Watt subs cuz theyre £50 each in motorworld for a 12inch one cuz I'm basically broke after buying that amp!
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well for starters the amp is 1250watts, so you need to find out the PROPPER rms rating of the thing second, the JBLs arnt a 1000watts either, go find out the PROPPER RMS rating of those

The amp should be atleast 100wRMS more than the sub, as you turn the gains down abit to even it up and its stop distortion.

However, i would have spent my cash on better gear considering fusion stuff is cack in terms of quality and the output signal isnt the cleanest. Also the JBLs are pretty poor as well and i would rather have a cheapy audiobahn (which are cack as well) instead mate
Mo

31st Oct 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the JBL 1000w subs are around 300RMS but after going through 2 JBL subs i have come to the conlcusion that they are poo
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mo
the JBL 1000w subs are around 300RMS but after going through 2 JBL subs i have come to the conlcusion that they are poo

hence why i would never touch them but tbh for 50 quid, ur not going to get alot...you really need to spend 3 times that for something of pretty decent quality sub
sim0ng

31st Oct 04 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what do you recomend? my mate has JBL GTO 1100 amp and 1000 sub and that sounds pretty nice to be honest.
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sim0ng
so what do you recomend? my mate has JBL GTO 1100 amp and 1000 sub and that sounds pretty nice to be honest.

first things first - stop looking that the MAX wattage marketing shite, that companies use to get little kiddies into wetting themselves that there getting something powerful like mo said, the JBL sub is 300wRMS...which is what the sub can handle

eitherway mate, its horses for courses - spend more get a decent system, spend less get something that sounds abit floppy.
But it depends how much cash you have floating and whether you can save up more
sim0ng

31st Oct 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can save up more.... but like I said, what do you recomend is best then? infinity? JL? alpine?
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i would get rid of the amp mate, and if you or abit of a budget, settle for a alpine setup Subs are about 120 quid (?) and there pretty good for the cash However, alpine amps seem to be very hungry on power, so a few people on these boards have complained of dimming lights quite bad.

if you have the cash, get a JL sub. There bloody good, abit common but good And team it up with a decent amp, like a DLS etc
sim0ng

31st Oct 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd been tpold that fusion jonah lomu were one of the best for amps though and was having a look at JL subs not all that long ago thinking how the fuck ya supposed to afford that?! is everybody on this site loaded or something? or am I just incredably poor? lol
AdiSRI

31st Oct 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get a decent JL W3V2 for £175, so there not that expensive.
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol mate No everyone on here saves
majority of fusion gear is very poor, however i did a quick search on google and alot of people (american of course) have been saying the subs are pretty good (well thats me told ).
doesnt the fusion jonah lomu amp go for something like 700 odd quid? the specs look impressive, but ive yet to hear a fusion jonah lomu (only there halfords cheapy stuff).
Although if you went for the monoblock, its 1250wRMS at 2ohms in which case, your gonna need some meaty subs to make use of and the JLs are only 300wRMS

i would personally save for either a fusion sub (and prove everyone wrong with sound quality)/opt for a audiobahn sub or go for an RE Audio sub (www.bladeice.com). The two former makes will be alot cheaper than a RE sub, but RE stuff is the muts nuts if your after a SPL (alot of volume, sound quality lacks though) - however a SX Line 12" RE sub (handles 1000wRMS) will set you back 300 quid
sim0ng

31st Oct 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£300 on a sub?! jeebus! think I'll try and prove everybody wrong i mean I aint tryin to get the biggest, baddest install around and enter it into sound offs n that, just want a pretty descent kit out, I'll check eBay n see if i can get a good deal on at least 1 o the subs ya mensioned, if i get it on 2 or more, sell 'em for more than I payed!
AdiSRI

31st Oct 04 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The RE SX is a beauy and would go well with the amp you have.

If your amp is relly 1250w rms u r gonna need to spnd some money on a sub that can handle that kind of power...
sim0ng

31st Oct 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay, I'll start saving my pennees, wanna donate some money to the 'get simon a good sub fund' ? lol. should take me bout a week or 2 to get the cash for the sub, but i got others things to pay for atm and just been lookin around mah car and i got a slight oil leak :S hope it was just me drippin a bit of oil by accident when i topped it up, earlier when i turned the ignition on i had smoke come out from around that kinda area :S so i fryed something or other but can't sem to find any faults, so prolly gonna tak me AGES to get the money together for this sub... should be worth it tho
drunkenfool

2nd Nov 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1138&tab=2&osCsid=25e2f1e2940c19e98dc0638ece06a8c0

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3190&tab=2&osCsid=25e2f1e2940c19e98dc0638ece06a8c0
sim0ng

6th Nov 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just put a bid on a qentis sub, tis 1200 to 1500 watts rms, has a 200 OZ magnet and peak power of 2000 watts. Comes in a wooden box too!

is it good or a pile of shyte? been looking at the rms like yu guys said....

[Edited on 06-11-2004 by sim0ng]

si_reading

6th Nov 04 at 03:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ never heard of that gentis make. JL Audio are good
Dom

6th Nov 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ben off here was looking at one for his rocky amp. They look meaty and cool, but ive never heard of them also. But the specs seems pretty reasonable and from what ben was saying, ebay had them going for about 30 quid+, so its a bargin if you can get it for something like that

however, it looks like a SPL sub, so you gonna need to build a pretty decent box (with atleast 18mm+ MDF)

but like i said to ben, if you can get it for that and its crap, sell it again as your bound to make the money back
sim0ng

6th Nov 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some dick outbit me on the sub at the last minute could prolly have got it if McAfee SpamKiller hadn't of held my email for a while. Back to drawing board again now. However I won the agel eyes for £2 though!
sim0ng

6th Nov 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.potn.com/fusion-_c3900_3904_4477_p2306063.htm thats the amp I'm getting! aint payin that much for it tho and ain't getin from potn.
sim0ng

9th Nov 04 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found an Infinity sub on e-bay, I've heard infinity are really good yes? its 1200watt but its a little old, 8 years according to the details, bidded £30 for it, didn't realise the age of it when I bidded, its got 2 days left so not sure if i wanna be out bidded or not! ad I also found an alpine type s sub aswell which looks to be better quality
Dom

9th Nov 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sim0ng
I found an Infinity sub on e-bay, I've heard infinity are really good yes? its 1200watt but its a little old, 8 years according to the details, bidded £30 for it, didn't realise the age of it when I bidded, its got 2 days left so not sure if i wanna be out bidded or not! ad I also found an alpine type s sub aswell which looks to be better quality

8yrs for a sub mate...hmmmm bit iffy, but you never know

just make sure before bidding that you do a quick search on the sub and model and get its RMS wattage rating, as i have noticed alot of gear on ebay, especially subs, only stating the peak max wattage (usually in the 900w+ region)

and the amp looks good mate looks bloody meaty as well
sim0ng

9th Nov 04 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YAY! the amp a good buy then? gotta find me a good sub! prefrably not an 8 year old one! my mate has a 13 year old 10" 600watt JL sub going but it looks and sounds pretty naff for todays standards.
AdiSRI

10th Nov 04 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your amp has 1250w rms your gonna want a GOOD sub or a few not so good ones, a single alpine is is gonna get ruined by that amp!!
sim0ng

10th Nov 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah reet! I lost the bidding on that Infinity one and cba to bif again for it. Tryin to find something good quality, but all the time my price bracket is getting smaller and smaller

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll