corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » next meet?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author next meet?
Hazzle

User status: Offline
27th Oct 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When? Where? What? How? Who? etc etc

[Edited on 27-10-2004 by Hazzle]
broster
Premium Member

27th Oct 04 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck knows mate, this region has died!
Alex

27th Oct 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was so good for a while as well

when u coming to leeds bitch?
Gavin
Premium Member

27th Oct 04 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried to get a rally arond and see who was interested!
the amount of response was poor.

due to work load... i cant not organise a meet this side of x-mas.

sorry folks!

pew pew pew pewwwww
ainsley_brader

27th Oct 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the response may have been poor, but you cant expect people to decide when they dont know when or where its going to be!! I'm not having a go btw.
Gavin
Premium Member

28th Oct 04 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite....

(NB. i'm not having a go at ppl neither, just trying to explain why there has'nt been a meet recently )

in the last thread which i posted, i included a date (it sumthing like the last sunday in november if i remember right)
the only thing that was missing in that thread was the location because i was waiting for more ppl to suggest a new location. it was requested by a number of folks, a while ago, whether or not the next meet could be held sumwhere else apart from northampton. i was still waiting for more replies for the location to be posted up before i commit to one location.

now if i have posted a thread say 'yeah, theres a meet on the last sunday of november, but can i have some suggestion about the location' and give folks at least 2 months notice about this... i would except a larger response than wat was given.

over the past 2-3 months, there have been about 3 threads which have tried to organised a new meet, including Greg12v's thread. and on all three occasions, the response was pretty low tbh.

if you only get 12 ppl reply to you thread.... u will get about 8 ppl who say that they will defo come along.... now out of them 8, 3 to 4 of them will pull out on the last minute.
thats why its pretty important to get the numbers on the CS board to prevent dissappointing turnouts.

like some folks... i wouldnt bother taking a sunday off work to head to a meet where u may only get 3-4 ppl.... weather is cold and wet.... ppl's cars are in bodyshops over the winter....ppl working overtime on sundays for x-mas....etc etc etc

i'm just trying to put u in my shoes.... i've tried and tried, and i'm at the stage where i havent got the time to organise another meet this time of x-mas.

wat i was looking at instead, was getting a thread up for a meet in the new year. leaving enough time for u lot to book the sunday off, get ur cars ready and get the word around....so that we get shite loads of folks there.
its been done before and it can be done again

*awaits for the regions reply

pew pew pew pewwwww
broster
Premium Member

28th Oct 04 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id get one sorted for the new year. i cant be arsed coming to one this side of xmas myself!
WhiteGSI

28th Oct 04 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster, i thought you were an organiser again? anyways i might make an apearance in the banged up Gsi after xmas. getting dents pulled out soon so wont be as ashamed
Gavin
Premium Member

28th Oct 04 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've requested to have broster put back to an organiser status... but aint sure wants going on with it

pew pew pew pewwwww
broster
Premium Member

28th Oct 04 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont wanna be organiser they had their chance to put me back but no longer do i want to job. corsasport is dieing in my eyes
Gavin
Premium Member

28th Oct 04 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to broster!

pew pew pew pewwwww
broster
Premium Member

28th Oct 04 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true tho aint it, no one can be arsed to go to meets etc! look at the last one i was an organiser in
Gavin
Premium Member

28th Oct 04 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i defo agree with u broster!

it has died down alot since the good old days

pew pew pew pewwwww
M Sutton

29th Oct 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive decided, after xmas im gonna make a massive effort and organise a proper 'new year' corsa meet..Gonna send loads of u2us to people from our region and others just to get it BIG.Then make it welcome to other cars i.e mkcruise.co.uk etc, should be good if all goes to plan!!
Gavin
Premium Member

29th Oct 04 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^

pew pew pew pewwwww
X 60RSA

31st Oct 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole cruising scene has died. 4 years ago cruiseboard was packed with meets. I think the police have clamped down alot on organisers which has put people off. Shame really. I look forward to the next East Mids Cruise, usually in Donny, damn good night though....!
topshot_2k
Banned

2nd Nov 04 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get one going for the week after NY coz i should have wheels, new bonnet on by then
Alex

2nd Nov 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
Get one going for the week after NY coz i should have wheels, new bonnet on by then

i want your brakes for sale

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » next meet? 24 database queries in 0.0181851 seconds