corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » WinXP SP2 and McAfee Internet Security Suite 6.0 problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WinXP SP2 and McAfee Internet Security Suite 6.0 problems
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Oct 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know whether this may be SP2 related or not, but basically the Privacy Service bit of McAfee Internet Security Suite 6.0 has this thing called CleanSlate that is supposed to clear your browser cache and history etc. but it doesn't seem to do that (but if I do it manually in IE options it does).

Has anyone else had this problem with the above?

McAfee is all up to date, Windows itself has all the latest updates, asked McAfee's Technical Support "talk to a technical support person online" but they were about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I got this free with my laptop, but I am seriously considering going and buying Norton's offering instead...
SetH

27th Oct 04 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it you have probably checked mcafees site for updates? I would have thought a company as big as themselves would have released an update for sp2 long ago. If not they are lame.
Smiler

27th Oct 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the privacy bit is shit - just remove it
Sam
Premium Member

27th Oct 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My McAfee is totally up to date, so is XP.

I posted on their forums but no replies yet...

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=34116

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » WinXP SP2 and McAfee Internet Security Suite 6.0 problems 22 database queries in 0.0082328 seconds