corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much for my Maxpower collection?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much for my Maxpower collection?
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   23rd Oct 04 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As subject I am thinking about selling off my whole collection of Maxpowers on Ebay or similar as they are just gathering dust, but I was just wondering how much I should Expect?

My collection is from May 1993 - Feb 2004 that's every issue since new in great condition (130 in total)

I would have to get the person to collect, but how much do you think I could get?

Cheers
Nismo

23rd Oct 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

130 just think thats

130 x 3.50 = approx £350 - £400 spent on magazines
Adam_B

23rd Oct 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely u would have to pay someone to take it away
Marc

23rd Oct 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth sod all really. Only a complete ned will pay good money for these.
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

23rd Oct 04 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's Maxpower I used to read it, but not any more.
Mattb

23rd Oct 04 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Afroman
Worth sod all really. Only a complete ned will pay good money for these.

plenty of those about...

even if you got a pound for em, would be better than a kick in the teeth
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 04 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Postage will be a bit of a nightmare on 130 magazines. Might be worth listing them as 10 lots of 12 mags. Start them at a pound and see what happens.

A lot of the early stuff is very interesting and might even appeal to the retro in some people. You'll have the A16V TB, the other pink valver Nova, L10 WEB black Corsa SRi featured years ago and completely standard by todays standards, loads of old R5s, italian stuff, BTCC and saloon car race write ups when Max readers were interested in motorsport, plus the occasional odd ball Rover V8 etc.

Many people don't remember this!
cargraphics4u.com

23rd Oct 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read a very interesting article a while ago by/abou (I can't remember) the guy who started max power. He saying that he wanted to create a magazine for custom car enthuisasts, much like the american scene in a way, but the the whole hot hatch craze turned it into what it is today and his dream all went horribly wrong. I think he sold it a few years ago for a coupel of million to emap automotive who own it now. It would be very interesting to look through all the magazines over teh years and see it evolve into what it is now.

[Edited on 23-10-2004 by graficxpress]

[Edited on 23-10-2004 by graficxpress]
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 04 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was a guy called Graeme wasn't it?
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

23rd Oct 04 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah some of the old ones are very interesting. It's strange to see how much the car modding sceen has come on!

Yeah it's got all of those in.
BeArDy

23rd Oct 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have ever Maxpower there is
sad i know
aswell as ever Revs and most of the others

its goot to look back and read them all, yes Ian the Black Widow corsa how standard is that , also there was one in Redline was standard GSI just with a Fancy Spliter molded in.

one i have to say it the red corsa on cover of Max Wide arch one, is stunning

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much for my Maxpower collection? 22 database queries in 0.0117059 seconds