corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a GSI ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a GSI ???
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 04 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just been on elephant and they have quoted me £1800 FC on a 95 GSI with alloys, lowering an exhaust declered, or £1250 TPFT with the same mods, which i thought was pretty good.

So i'll be on the lookout for a GSI soon hopefully an just want to know how strong the engines are, things to look for when looking at one etc.

Also if anyone knows the performance figures, that'll be helpful

Cheers

Steve

Mase
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 04 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine wise, look for blue smoke when you rev it and ticking when its idling. Check the history make sure the tensioners are in good order, or haggle and change ASAP after purchase.
Mase
Premium Member

23rd Oct 04 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that. I take it they still suffer from the B pillar trouble etc. What about all the electrics. Have they got ABS, leccy windows, power steering etc. as standard or where they options ??

Cheers

Mase
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 04 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah plus standard Corsa stuff - B pillar, bottom of the boot spoiler, area at the front of the rear window is also a rust area, top of the windscreen under the seal.

ABS and PAS standard. Sunroof, electric windows and mirrors are optional.
Greg_M

23rd Oct 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSi's dont have electrics has standard, they were an extra. they have HPS i think. same problems as all corsas really, b pillars, tappets, air flow meter. just walk away from anything that you dont like.

good thing to look for is the crash bar, and under the boot carpet for any signs of a crash, also the rear pannels.
Mase
Premium Member

23rd Oct 04 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll just have to find one near me now then !!! and sell me current corsa !!

Anyone after a 1.0 ????

Mase
Fad

23rd Oct 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check idling, check when last belt was done shopuld be done every 30K with new rollers and tensioners, listen for tapets..sign of a high miler or even an abused car. Check for leaks around sump and oil pump and rocker cover.

body wise check around the suspention turrets as they always rust first, check around B pillars for cracks and also th chassis rails for rust.

,ake sure most of the kit is there i.e all jacking point covers as they cost lots and also check for any obvious crash damage around boot floor and front slam pannel by checking al ID plates are there etc.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a GSI ??? 23 database queries in 0.0100088 seconds