corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GRR!! Some1 tryed havin me car away las night.... (with pix)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GRR!! Some1 tryed havin me car away las night.... (with pix)
Andrew

User status: Offline
14th Oct 04 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate They REALLY wanted your car by the looks of it.
BigSte

14th Oct 04 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to my old B. Only on drivers door and not quite as bad.

I bent mine back but the paint was craked slightly, I just lacquered over it with a laquer touch up pen to stop it rusting.
Looked a bit of a mess but I couldnt be arsed with buying a new door, getting it painted, getting locks swapped over etc
dave17

14th Oct 04 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ste - i woudla done that if it weren so bad, il see what the bodyshop can do about trying to repair them. really want rid of the car now, as they know where i live, not as if it was parked in a car park somewhere
Adam-D

14th Oct 04 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new doors bud
scrappy time
TOMAS

14th Oct 04 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing if you dont want to claim on insurance would be to go to the breakers yard and get two new doors which would be between £40-£60 each at a guess so lets say £120 for doors - swap all your glass/locks etc over (just nuts and bolts) and then you'll need pretty much full respray down both sides which could be anything from £250 - £600...
barmstrong

14th Oct 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cunts, why didnt they just smash the window? or is that to simple?
BigSte

14th Oct 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave17
ste - i woudla done that if it weren so bad, il see what the bodyshop can do about trying to repair them. really want rid of the car now, as they know where i live, not as if it was parked in a car park somewhere

mine were nowhere near as bad as yours.......wouldn't go through insurance though if I was you. Would prob work out cheaper in the long run if you bought the doors yourself because the extra you would pay on your insurance from losing your no claims would make it not worth while claiming..........not to mention the £250 they would want immediately
Jamie

14th Oct 04 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats harsh mate, hope you catch the bastards
stuartmitchell

14th Oct 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to me mate, your best bet would be a scrappys and

get two new doors as yours will have been severly weakened by the

bastards hence making it easier to get into next time

Spraying shouldnt bee too expensive for doors, I got quoted £40

each!!

Hope this helps but its well shit when some cnut damages your pride and

joy, I felt violated
dave17

14th Oct 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Best thing if you dont want to claim on insurance would be to go to the breakers yard and get two new doors which would be between £40-£60 each at a guess so lets say £120 for doors - swap all your glass/locks etc over (just nuts and bolts) and then you'll need pretty much full respray down both sides which could be anything from £250 - £600...

sounds expensive

jus been on hte phone 2 the bank and they have agreed my loan. but id have to pay 2 get te corsa fixed to get it shifted, grrrr, nothings ever simple!!!!
dave17

14th Oct 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuart - il phone around in a bit. we have a family friend who owns a bodyshop, so wel c if he can sort us out.
MatthewR

14th Oct 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn thatsa cunt - doubt they were after your car as they wouldnt have damaged it so badly, id say teh ICE was what they wanted judging by the way they have gone about breaking in
TOMAS

14th Oct 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When mine got done they pierced and teared through BOTH doors just below the locks... It was a right mess! It was deadlocked but they still got inside! Luckily they took NOTHING although I was lucky as feck cos i'd just had a full multimedia install!! Kinda wished they'd have smashed a window but that would have been so quick they would prob have got away with some ICE...

I paid out cash to have mine fixed and didnt tell the insurance...

Ive now got window tints and Cat1 alarm with VERY sensite knock sensors so if anyone tries it again the second they bang the screwdriver it will alarm. You can get external proxy sensors which will give like 3 chirps if anyone is within 2 meters of your car and if they still dont move - FULL alarm but a noise isnt going to stop them usually. Ive had two extra sirens fitted on the inside of car under the dash and when they go off and your inside its SOOO loud its frightening!
Fad

14th Oct 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear this dave fooking kills me when people do this kinda stuff

i Dont think its going to be cheap mate as yyou have sport/SRi doors which have the leccy window loom and mech buult into them so you basically have to find sport doors i do belive

gutted for you geeze
Mark Petty

14th Oct 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit man thats bad. The same happened to my old car they bent the door right back. They got in mine and stole my sterio (I know I was stupid and left the facia in ) stole cds, 6x9's basically everything. Even my air freshner

But lucky for me it was a shitty ford festa and the sterio was crap. So I sold my car a couple of weeks later and got my corsa.
Richie

14th Oct 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two new doors around £100-£150, tis pretty easy to colour match and getting two doors sprayed wont cost you that much mate, especially if they are sprayed while off the car.
sassyminx

14th Oct 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
so glad i can protect my no claims

annoying that you should lose them when its not even your fault though

i am sure when sassy claimed for her vectra as it was stolen they didnt take them or something similar

£250 gotta be better than paying for new door and paint

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by Kerry]

kerry when my vectra went i lost 2 years no claims, then the year that the policy was running from so 3 years no claims and my insurance has doubled

even though its not your fault they cant claim it back from a 3rd party so u end up being the one paying, its totally wrong, whats the point in insuring a car if when its stolen or damaged your penilised for claiming

its fucking wrong
ross23

14th Oct 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Cant beleive this shit it makes me so angry! i feel so sorry for you! i wish you could get a device that you could activate and if anyone touched your car then they would get eletrocuted and you could find them in the morning on the floor and give them a right good kicking!
id buy one if they were for sale
bradfincham

14th Oct 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ever so sorry to this matey!
Such a shame i know how much you love the car!
Some twats in this society and this highlights why i never leave my car anywhere and its garaged all night as well!

Id just bite the bullet and sort it through insurance you may not loose no claims as wasnt your fault!
broster
Premium Member

14th Oct 04 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
ever so sorry to this matey!
Such a shame i know how much you love the car!
Some twats in this society and this highlights why i never leave my car anywhere and its garaged all night as well!

Id just bite the bullet and sort it through insurance you may not loose no claims as wasnt your fault!

you will loose ur no claims as they cant claim the money back of a 3rd party, they have to shell out so u loose them, bugger i know but thats how the ywork.

sorry to see the state they left ur car in makes u angry, id be screwing if they did this to my car
projectcorsa

14th Oct 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a bunch of cnuts, if that were me id be fukcing screwing too, really sorry to hear about that mate, people cant leav things alone, fukcing pikey gippo scum thieving arse bandit shit brain cnuts!!!
mwg

14th Oct 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking pricks. Id be gutted if it happened to me. Hope u get it sorted soon mate.
JJ

14th Oct 04 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When mine was broken into they stole my pioneer head unit, my hand made shelf with 6x9's in it, and even my half empty bottle of sprite ffs... I let my insucance cover it and i had to pay 250 quid cos someone broke into MY car Doors came to 900 quid each fitted by vaux, was so pissed off i had the value it while it was in gettin fixed... but they minted it when it was in and it came back good as new... still have it today too
dave17

14th Oct 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers every1, nice to know its not just me who this kinda shit happen to (sorta)

wel, ive been busy 2day. took it to hte garage wher we all get our work done, he has a partenership with a colleague who owns a bodyshop.

first off i was quoted for this:

two brand new doors
each side of the car re-sprayed to match colour
all labour, parts and fitting

shoulda been £1500, but i got offered £900.

wasnt too happy with that, seems my car is only worth £2.3k max

so i thought of other options, best one i came up with was...

two 2nd hand doors - £100
spraying of JUST doors inc and dents - £250-£280
me an my bro fit the doors an trim etc ourselfs.

the garage wanted to charge £280 labout (8hours) to fit it al, but my bro is a mechanic for audi so shouldn b a problem. i should get the doors by wednesday next week and fit em on sat/sun.

didnt get my bros astra in the end but i will most likely be selling the corsa when i get it fixed. may go for a newer 1.6 sport in black or something.

hope my lil plan works out though!! ive taken all my ice and everything valuable out the car, and backed it right onto the driveway. cant belive some fookin cunt would do that for hte sake of getin £60 down the local boozer for a head unit. twats.
Robbo

14th Oct 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.funsilly.com/cootie.shtml

To cheer u up Dave

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GRR!! Some1 tryed havin me car away las night.... (with pix) 22 database queries in 0.0194080 seconds