corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » digital clocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author digital clocks
Cossie

User status: Offline
4th Oct 04 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to change my cable clock to rev counter one but all i found where eletronic clocks could it possible to use the eletronic ones. i have found the distance transmiter do they work if i simply plug it on the gearbox?

[Edited on 04-10-2004 by Cossie]
Greasemonkey

4th Oct 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya need an SRI or GSI set of clocks dude
Cossie

5th Oct 04 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a diesel man ! but still i work if i have diesel eletronic clocks no wiring needed ?
Richie

5th Oct 04 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a cable driven speedo then you'd have to take apart your gearbox to change the sensor over. Im not sure about the rev counter tho.
Cossie

5th Oct 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sensor just plugs where the manual cable stays and also i found 3 cables ready for the distance sensor but i still have doughts if it works, the rev counter just need the green wire which i checked and it is there

[Edited on 05-10-2004 by Cossie]
ed

5th Oct 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need the correct transducer for the clocks. You screw that in place on the top of the gearbox where the old cable screwed on. You should have a green wire floating around at the back of your dash somehwere, this just needs to be soldered onto the loom you need to attatch, all the other wires just get colour matched... (You need to cut off the plug on behind your dash and attatch the plug off of the new dash - always try and solder the connections, its annoying when your speedo quits on you)
Cossie

5th Oct 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the green wire is already connected or is not the same one?
Cossie

7th Oct 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some can confirm what i can do cause i have a set of eletronic clock at good price in my hand

New Poll