corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alpine head unit question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alpine head unit question
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
21st Sep 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 questions regarding my Alpine 9812RB MPĀ£ player.

- It stores the radio stations fine, however it always loses the fader and base levels I set it to when I get in the car. I still have standard speakers and like putting the music all the way to the front and then turning the base up slightly. It forgets all of this when I switch off and turn back on again.

- other thing was, radio stations are really weak. Not sure if this is because I bought on of them smaller metal aerials of what. Can't test it with the old aerial because I threw it away.

Any help would be good.

Cheers

Dom

21st Sep 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant answer Q1 mate but question 2, did you disconnect the remote lead cable to the cars radio block? There is a signal booster built into the cars aerial base and that is powered off the the remote lead cable (well it is in corsa B's), so when you disconnect the remote lead from the cars radio block (either to sort the MDF problems or you want to connect the remote lead to amps etc), then it obviously switches that off....so you need to connect it all together

Best bet is to get hold of a haynes manual (they have them for both B's and C's now) and follow the wiring guide
--Dave--
Banned

22nd Sep 04 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers matey.
Richie

22nd Sep 04 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radio stations in that unit might be stored permanently. Settings might not be.

You tried swapping the permanent and ignition live feeds?

New Poll